Extreme Networks to Showcase Clinical-Grade Cloud-Driven Network at HIMSS 2020
Company to Demonstrate Its Advanced Cloud Networking Solutions in the Intelligent Health Pavilion and Cybersecurity Command Center
Extreme Networks, Inc. will join leading technology and health IT innovators to show how cloud-driven networking technology can deliver reliable connectivity for mission-critical devices, enhance patient care, protect sensitive data, and lay the groundwork for the hospital of the future. Extreme will demonstrate its technology in the Intelligent Health Pavilion, Hall E, Booth 7273, as well as the Cybersecurity Command Center, Hall A, Booth 400-47.
Extreme in the Intelligent Health Pavilion
Extreme is the official network and analytics provider for the Intelligent Health Pavilion (IHP) at HIMSS for the seventh year in a row. The IHP is an educational and interactive demonstration lab showcasing the latest innovations in healthcare technology from vendors across the technology spectrum, including wearables and sensors, radiofrequency identification and real-time location systems, Bluetooth Low Energy, near field communication, wayfinding, voice, and wireless technologies. Extreme’s solutions will be deployed throughout the IHP, as well as the Cybersecurity Command Center – another educational and interactive demonstration lab – to show how cloud-driven networking solutions can connect, secure, and optimize smart hospital technologies in real-world healthcare scenarios, such as the operating room, intensive care unit, patient room, labor, delivery and recovery room, biomed, and iHome.
At HIMSS 2020, Extreme will provide demonstrations of its end-to-end network solutions, including:
- ExtremeCloud™ IQ, the first clinical-grade cloud for infrastructure management. New data from Extreme Networks finds that 41% of healthcare organizations are planning to move their infrastructure management into the cloud in the next 5 years. ExtremeCloud IQ is poised to be the healthcare cloud management platform of choice as one of the industry’s first cloud management solutions to be certified as ISO/IEC 27001 compliant, demonstrating commitment to information security management systems best practices and controls.
- ExtremeWireless™ Wi-Fi 6 access points, uniquely designed to deliver connectivity in challenging physical environments, such as hospitals. Embedded AI capabilities give healthcare IT the ability to apply artificial intelligence to auto-tune radio frequencies on the Wi-Fi network for optimum performance and experience. This lessens the workload for network engineers and provides a path for autonomous networking at the edge.
- Defender for IoT, a robust security solution for isolating and protecting wired and wireless IoT devices from cyberattacks. IoT holds great promise for hospitals, but consumer-grade IoT devices also widen the network attack surface and create more routes to entry for hackers. Defender for IoT learns the typical traffic patterns of network devices, dynamically generates security policies that control device access, and automatically segments groups of IoT devices into multiple, isolated secure zones, reducing the network attack surface. A simple, intuitive dashboard provides visibility even for non-technical staff to monitor the security of connected devices.
- Extreme Fabric Connect™, a flexible, virtual networking solution that simplifies time-consuming configurations, enhances security, and allows healthcare IT staff to focus on improving patient experiences as opposed to manually operating the network. With Fabric Connect, healthcare IT can eliminate back-door entry points, preventing lateral movements and isolating potentially insecure IoT devices across the entire network.
Extreme Speaking Sessions
Extreme will lead a series of panel discussions and educational sessions at HIMSS.
- Build Your Case for a Modern Infrastructure Using INFRAM – Friday, March 13th at 12 pm. Bob Zemke, Director of Healthcare Solutions at Extreme Networks, will lead a discussion on the practical use of the HIMSS INFRAM model to create an effective network infrastructure that supports the digital requirements of modern healthcare organizations. Colin Summers, Director of Network Services at OSF HealthCare – a nationally recognized organization for its digital healthcare efforts – will share real-world insight from the field.
Specialty Pavilion Sessions
- Eliminate Cybersecurity Risk: Tips from Experts – Tuesday, March 10th at 11 am. Chuck Brooks, Healthcare Solution Architect at Extreme Networks, will moderate a panel discussion on the state of security in healthcare, and why hospitals need a proactive strategy to minimize the risk of human error, validate and protect devices in real time, and ensure patient safety. Other speakers include Christopher Frenz, AVP of Information Security at Interfaith Medical Center, Cory Brennan, Security Advisor at Hall Render IT Advisory Services, and Mitch Parker, CISO at Indiana University Health Center.
- Secure IoT and Legacy Devices with Ease– Tuesday, March 10th at 3:15 pm. David McClain, Principal Healthcare Architect at Extreme Networks, will provide practical advice on how to enable secure IoT management without making significant network changes, giving healthcare organizations simple and fast peace of mind.
- Retail Innovations That Enhance Patient Care – Wednesday, March 11th at 2 pm. Doug McDonald, Director of Healthcare at Extreme Networks, will share how best practices from leading retailers, including the use of location-based services, can be applied in healthcare to enhance patient care, improve clinical efficiency, ensure safety and security, and improve the bottom line. Other speakers include Jon Linton, Manager of Network Mobility at Henry Ford Health System, and Dave Raftery, Chief Customer Officer at Integration Partners.
Recommended AI News: Artificial Intelligence Startup Labelbox Closes $25 Million in Series B Funding