STN Online Video Platform Helps Las Vegas Review Journal Increase Video Revenue by 536% In New Case Study
- In year over year results the Review-Journal also saw growth in visitors, video viewership and time on page after adoption of STN Video.
SendtoNews (STN Video), North America’s largest independent online video platform, and the Las Vegas Review-Journal have published a 5 month long case study illustrating the power that the STN Online Video Platform (OVP) has in growing user engagement and revenue.
Recommended AI News: D8 Holdings to Accept Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin for Delta-8 THC Products
After full adoption of the STN Online Video Platform in September 2020, the Las Vegas Review-Journal’s digital property (reviewjournal.com) saw:
- A 41% increase in monthly page views
- A 536% increase in digital video revenue
- A 710% increase in monthly video plays
- A 22% increase in monthly site visitors
- A 9% increase in time on page from returning visitors
“Our number one priority at the Review-Journal is delivering quality content to our readers. STN Video plays a key part in our content strategy by delivering the best possible video content to keep our readers up to date and informed and at the same time, has driven impressive results, as this case study shows,” says Jim Prather, Executive Director of Digital Programming for the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
The Review-Journal adopted the full offering of the STN online video platform and deployed it site wide. This allowed them to:
- Upload their entire video content library to the STN Platform
- Access the STN library of over 1 million contextually relevant videos from over 200 premium content providers
- Have STN Smart Match (AI) in all their articles
- Leverage the STN monetization stack of direct and programmatic sales
- Sell their content along with the STN library to their digital advertising partners
- Live stream events
- And much more all at zero cost
Recommended AI News: Daily AI Roundup: The 5 Coolest Things on Earth Today
Doing so not only allowed the Review-Journal to receive premium revenue from STN but also eliminated costs like ad serving fees, video platform subscriptions and hosting costs.
“We exist to help publishers solve the challenges for digital video,” Says Matthew Watson, CEO of STN Video. “Our OVP allows the Review-Journal to grow and engage their audience while increasing sustainable revenue together with eliminating costs and the strain on associated resources is exactly what we set out to do at STN’s, and we are thrilled to be part of their ongoing success.”
The STN Online Video Platform helps publishers by being a turnkey service allowing them to deliver the best in digital video content to their readers while receiving revenue from ads sold via STN. Publishers using the STN’s Online Video Platform instantly have access to video from over 200 content providers including MLB, NFL, NBA, Associated Press, Rolling Stone, Conde Nast, Bloomberg, Variety and more.
Publishers are also able to access STN’s industry leading player technology featuring STN’s Smart Match, an AI powered player that reads an article and instantly produces the most relevant video from their library of over 1 million pieces of content directly into the editorial upon publishing. These features and more are always delivered to publishers without charge. In fact, we pay you.