Nonprofits Race to Meet Digital Marketing Needs of a New Normal
New Tapp Networks and TechSoup Digital Benchmark Report Highlights Chances and Challenges
The results of the 2020-2021 Nonprofit Digital Marketing Benchmark Report, conducted by TechSoup and Tapp Networks, unveil the disruptive effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The report details how nonprofits are struggling to refocus their outreach efforts to the new digital normal of website automation, social media, online advertising, and content marketing.
Recommended AI News: eyeo Launches Crumbs, Bridging Gap Between Privacy and Identity
The report unveils the key digital communication challenges facing nonprofits and offers strategies for them to adjust their efforts to the new pandemic normal.
“COVID-19 is accelerating the digital transformation within the nonprofit sector,” said Joseph DiGiovanni, Co-Founder of Tapp Networks. “This new report provides key insights into the sector’s increased focus and investment into the opportunities digital marketing provides. We hope that these benchmarks will additionally serve as an inspiration for charities who have struggled to move beyond the traditional mindset of print, in-person events, and analog website communications. The report also offers practical advice on how nonprofits can adopt more modern mobile, virtual, and digital tools to effectively engage their members, funders, and communities.”
Summary of Findings:
- Websites: 43% of responding nonprofits are planning to relaunch their website within a year to better attract funding and followers in 2021.
- Online Advertising: 77% of nonprofits are not investing in digital advertising although free Google Ad Grants of up to US$10,000 a month are available to qualified organizations.
- Content Marketing: Nearly 70% of nonprofits are not blogging and missing out on the opportunity to leverage content to improve their search engine optimization (SEO) and site traffic.
- Email Marketing: 70% of the nonprofits do not have an outlined email marketing strategy, which is critical to achieving fundraising success.
- Marketing Technology: Over 50% of nonprofits are not using a customer relationship management system (CRM) or automation tools to effectively engage their donors, volunteers, and members.
Recommended AI News: Neustar Announces Additions to Executive Leadership Team