Peruvian Commercial Bank Chooses Appdome to Secure its First Mobile Banking App
Banco Pichincha Peru incorporates the Appdome Mobile Security Suite into its app to provide comprehensive, robust protection of its mobile business.
Appdome, a no-code mobile security and solutions platform, announced that Banco Pichincha Peru, a national commercial bank with headquarters in Lima, has used Appdome’s platform to secure its first mobile app; APP Banco Pichincha Perú. Banco Pichincha is a subsidiary of Pichincha Bank of Ecuador, the largest commercial bank in Ecuador.
In light of the desire for mobile banking, partly accelerated by the need for social distancing, Banco Pichincha Peru released its first mobile app in July. With the help of Appdome’s platform and mobile security expertise, and together with Appdome’s local partner NECSIA SAC, the bank was able to satisfy all its security requirements without sacrificing the release schedule.
Recommended AI News: Adlumin Goes Live In Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace
Banco Pichincha Peru secured APP Banco Pichincha Perú with the all-in-one Mobile App Security Suite in just minutes with no coding required. The suite includes:
- ONEShield by Appdome: Protects against app tampering and debugging
- TOTALCode Obfuscation: Obfuscates the binary code to protect against reverse engineering
- TOTALData Encryption: Protects application data, strings and metadata with AES-256 encryption
- Jailbreak/Root Prevention: Prevents rooting / jailbreak attempts and stops the app from running on untrusted or banned devices
- Man-in-the-Middle Prevention: Creates and validates the authenticity of trusted communication sessions initiated by the app to prevent data leakage, man-in-the-middle attacks and other breaches
- Mobile Privacy: Provides data loss prevention by adding copy/paste protection, keylogger prevention, disabling screen sharing and other measures.
Recommended AI News: Paessler Launches Industrial It Monitoring Solution
“As a financial institution, it’s crucial that our mobile app be secure,” said Erick Alencar Rios, Head of Digital Channels at Banco Pichincha Peru. “But we also needed to release the app in a timely manner. Our customers were eager to start mobile banking and with Appdome’s help and support, we were able to release a certified secure app quickly without adding to the workload of our mobile development organization or integrating multiple third-party security solutions.”
“Cybercriminals are stepping up their attacks on mobile banking apps, especially as more end-users conduct and manage financial transactions using their smartphones during the pandemic,” said Tom Tovar, Co-creator and CEO at Appdome. “Increasingly, the financial sector is turning to Appdome to secure their apps in a way that doesn’t cause release dates to slip and budgets to expand. We are honored that Banco Pichincha chose Appdome to defend its mobile business. They are one of the many organizations in Latin America choosing Appdome to protect the people and businesses that rely on mobile apps to complete e-commerce and financial transactions.”
Recommended AI News: Ekinops Chosen By Swisscom For Access Network Virtualization Software