New Social Streaming Data Shows Sports and Media Brands Are Racking up TikTok Followers
Conviva’s Analysis of 300+ TikTok Accounts Shows Sports Media, NFL, NBA and TV Brands Are Using Consistent, Quality Content to Attract and Engage Fans
Conviva, the leader in streaming media intelligence, released new data revealing which sports and media brands are best leveraging TikTok as part of their broader social strategy to boost followers and increase fan engagement. According to Conviva’s analysis of more than 300 TikTok brand accounts between January and February 2020, publishers who posted consistently reaped the biggest gains in terms of TikTok followers. Sports media outlets saw the largest success with an average gain of 401,000 followers per account, followed by professional sports leagues, which averaged 309,000 more new followers per league. The NBA netted the largest gain by any single account with an increase of over 2.7 million followers, a gain of more than 2 million more followers than the next largest gain of 700,000 for WWE.
“TikTok illustrates the draw and value of social video, especially to reach younger demographics,” said Nick Cicero, VP of Strategy at Conviva. “The use case for TikTok applies to companies of all sizes and verticals, with the most successful examples posting high-quality, relevant content frequently.”
Recommended AI News: RevOps Heroes: Behind the Masks of SaaS Revenue Operations Functions
Additional key findings from Conviva’s analysis include:
- Television and sports media accounts boasted the highest average followers with more than 1.5 million followers each. Nickelodeon led the television category and was also was the most active television account, posting over 51 videos within the last month. Overtime led the sports media category with 6.1 million followers, 1.2 million of which followed the account within the past month alone.
- With 339,400 new followers, the Super Bowl champions Kansas City Chiefs led all sports teams with most followers gained in the past month.
- While the official NBA account commands the largest following of any sports property with 9.3 million followers, NFL teams averaged 283,935 followers to squeak past the 280,420 followers on average for NBA teams. MLB teams were a distant third with 34,550 followers on average.
- When looking at the 20 fastest-growing accounts between January and February, post volume was a big differentiator with these accounts posting three videos per day on average.
- As expected, there is a direct correlation between total followers and average views per video.
Recommended AI News: How Can You Use Research to Enhance the User Experience?