2 In 5 People Are Content Creators: Shure Unveils Findings From Futuresource’s New Study
Research Shows Microphones are the #1 Audio Product for Content Creators – Know How to Choose the Best One for You
More people than ever are sharing their talents by creating podcasts, making music, streaming, and gaming. According to the latest research from Futuresource, long-term partner of Shure, 2 in 5 people across the globe are content creators, with more than 40 million people in the world identifying specifically as audio content creators – individuals producing content that requires studio quality audio.
Recommended AI News: Africa’s Fastest Growing Crypto Exchange, Yellow Card, Raises $15 Million Series A Funding
These individuals spent more than 75% more money on their passion projects in 2020 compared to 2019. And, even as the world has slowly reopened to more typical routines, creators aren’t slowing down.
Based on Futuresource’s data, most content creators (65%) shared that they expected the time they spend on their work to increase over the next 12 months. More than half (59%) of those same individuals are already spending more than three hours a week crafting content.
The study also found that creatives are bringing their passions to life through all types and styles of content. The 40 million+ audio content creators are making music, DJ’ing, beat-making, crafting social content and videos, podcasting, and streaming their video gameplay.
Recommended AI News: Civis Analytics Raises $30.7 Million in Series B Funding
When making great content, it is paramount that creators understand how to capture the best quality audio. That’s why nearly half (45%) of creators have invested in new equipment to improve their audio over the last year. To make this vitally important decision easier, Shure has developed an easy-to-follow visual guide to direct anyone to the best mics for their specific needs, including the new MV7X and MV88+ Stereo USB microphones, detailed below.
- MV7X Podcast Microphone
- Best For:Podcasters, Streamers, Radio hosts, and Musicians with Audio Interfaces – Perfect for Professional and Home Recording Studios
- Price: $179
- The MV7X Podcast Microphone is an XLR-only dynamic microphone with a cardioid pick-up pattern that features Voice Isolation Technology, is compatible with all audio interfaces, and serves as a professional solution for podcasters and musicians.
- MV88+ Stereo USB Microphone
- Best For: Musicians, Beat Making and Sampling, On-The-Go Producers and Sound Engineers
- The MV88+ Stereo USB Microphone is a compact, easy-to-use, and versatile microphone that can record vocals and a variety of instruments directly to a Mac or Windows computer. Using the free ShurePlus MOTIV™ Desktop App, users can select from various pick-up patterns (Mono, Stereo, Bi-Directional, and Raw Mid-Side) as well as set Gain, Limiter, Compression, EQ, and Monitor Mix.
- MV7 Podcast Microphone
- Best For:All Content Creators, especiallyPodcasters, Gamers, Streamers, and Musicians who already own a mic stand or boom arm
- The MV7 Podcast Microphone is a dynamic microphone with both USB and XLR outputs for use with computers and professional interfaces. The MV7 easily connects with a USB so users can explore additional features. With Auto Level Mode, the MV7 will adjust gain in real time to give a consistent output level, no matter if recording or streaming.
- MV7 Podcast Kit
- Best For:Podcasters, Gamers, Streamers, & Musicians looking for a full-package solution
- Price: $269
- The MV7 Podcast Kit is a premium, all-in-one solution designed to address the versatility required by modern creators. With the same great features of the MV7 Podcast Microphone, including the ShurePlus MOTIV™ Desktop App, XLR and USB connectivity, USB-A/USB-C cables and a Manfrotto PIXI mini tripod included, creators have all they need to get started right out of the box.
- MV88+ Video Kit
- Best For:Bloggers, Videographers, Adventurers, Mobile Content Creators
- Price: $249
- The MV88+ Video Kit transforms any smartphone into a professional-level mobile audio and video rig. The kit includes a Manfrotto® PIXI tripod, phone clamp, and mount, as well as iOS and USB-C cables for next-level compatibility and connectivity. Download the ShurePlus MOTIV Audio or Video App to configure the MV88+ and select from various pick-up patterns, as well as set Gain, Limiter, Compression, EQ, and Monitor Mix.
Recommended AI News: Infor Continues to Invest in Cloud-Based Event Management for Hospitality Industry
[To share your insights with us, please write to email@example.com ]
Comments are closed.