Harness Partners with Google Cloud Platform to Bring Next-Generation Continuous Delivery to Kubernetes and Cloud-Native Applications
Harness, a Continuous Delivery-as-a-Service platform, announced that it has partnered with the Google Cloud Platform and is now available for purchase in the GCP marketplace — giving Google Cloud customers the ability to automate the Continuous Delivery process and deliver artifacts to production quickly, securely, and repeatably.
As a Google Cloud partner, Harness empowers engineering teams to move fast and ship code without the fear of failed deployments. With its Smart Automation technology, Harness provides the first-ever solution to automate the entire continuous delivery process. By applying unsupervised machine learning to Continuous Delivery — a new technology called Continuous Verification — the platform understands a microservices baseline and can initiate automatic rollbacks when irregular activity is detected, avoiding business downtime or widespread failures. To date, Harness has helped customers such as McAfee, Home Depot, Nutanix, Bank of Santander, and Soulcycle reduce errors in production deployments by up to 99%, while increasing overall engineering velocity by up to 8x.
Key features include:
- Pipeline Builder. Instead of taking hours to build pipelines, DevOps teams can build and execute complete continuous delivery pipelines in minutes with serial or parallel workflows across their applications, services, and environments.
- Workflow Wizard. Complex pipelines become simple with out-of-the-box support for canary deployments and blue/green deployments using cloud technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Continuous Verification. Release teams finally know for sure that deployments succeeded or failed by leveraging unsupervised machine learning to automatically verify application deployments in production. They can detect errors quality and regressions from tools such as AppDynamics, New Relic, Splunk, Elastic and Sumo Logic, as well as use the Harness 24×7 Service Guard feature to monitor the performance of releases indefinitely.
- Automated Rollback. Instead of painful, manual rollbacks, Harness can automate rollbacks to the last working artifact version and run-time configuration with no required scripting or code.
- Continuous Security. Harness bakes in security into every step of the deployment process. Harness uses its SecretStore or deep HashiCorp Vault integration to seamlessly reference secrets across all deployment workflows and pipelines. Harness also keeps a full audit trail of every deployment, so teams know the who, what, where and when behind every action.
- Real-Time Delivery Analytics.DevOps and engineering team leads now have powerful insight into every application, environment, version, and deployment. Teams can debug deployments in seconds, and role-based access is baked into every part of the platform.
“Vuclip gains tremendous advantages from the combination of Harness and Google Cloud,” said Jishnu Kinwar, VP of Technical Operations at Vuclip, a leading global technology-driven media company delivering on-demand entertainment to emerging markets. “We use Harness to deploy our artifacts into GCP, relying on Harness machine learning to verify success and help automate rollbacks when required. The two solutions ensure that we’re using the very latest Continuous Delivery technology to better serve our customers worldwide.”
“We’re thrilled to partner with the Google Cloud Platform and help equip DevOps and engineering teams with the safe and seamless ability to deliver applications to the Google Cloud,” said Jyoti Bansal, Harness co-founder & CEO. “We see a rapid migration of legacy and monolithic applications to microservices and Kubernetes environments hosted by Google Cloud, and Harness is here to help developers with a platform that accelerates microservices and cloud adoption and reduces the risk of application downtime — while giving engineering teams their weekends back.”