Hazelcast Expands, Adds Executives for Accelerated Growth
New appointments focused on capitalizing on the growth of cloud and edge business
Hazelcast, the leading open-source in-memory computing platform, announced the appointment and promotion of key executives to its leadership team. Among the new hires are Dave Salverson, chief financial officer (CFO), and Gregg Holzrichter, chief marketing officer (CMO). Additionally, Hazelcast is appointing David Brimley to chief product officer, while promoting John DesJardins to chief technology officer (CTO) and Chris Wilson to chief revenue officer (CRO). These changes come as the company continues to gain momentum as enterprises continue to accelerate digital transformation projects and investments.
In the past 12 months, Hazelcast has seen strong growth across its business, specifically in the areas related to cloud and edge computing. After raising $50 million in its Series D round at the beginning of the year, Hazelcast aggressively invested in accelerating its roadmap and the expansion of go-to-market activities. Through the combination of a robust roadmap and Hazelcast customers seeing major leaps in market cap by virtue of being digitally prepared for a surge in online activity, Hazelcast achieved a 40% increase in multi-year subscriptions, 100% increase in pipeline and a 67% increase in QoQ revenue for Q3. Furthermore, Hazelcast is seeing strong momentum through its partnerships with IBM and Intel which are focused on edge, hybrid cloud, mainframe modernization and artificial intelligence (AI) use cases.
Recommended AI News: AWS Announces General Availability of AWS Network Firewall
“Between our OEM relationship with IBM, co-engineering initiative with Intel and the launch of our cloud managed service, Hazelcast is in an extremely strong position to help its customers navigate cloud migration and digital transformation projects,” said Kelly Herrell, CEO of Hazelcast. “The addition of proven leaders in Dave and Gregg combined with the internal executive promotions have Hazelcast aligned to double our growth rate.”
Recommended AI News: Sverica Capital Management Announces Strategic Investment in DeFY Security
From establishing and growing teams to leading companies through successful exits, the refreshed executive team brings proven backgrounds combined with industry expertise to Hazelcast.
- Dave Salverson (CFO) joins Hazelcast after successfully leading the finance organization at his previous company, Shape Security, through a $1 billion acquisition by F5 Networks. Prior to Shape Security, he previously held leadership roles at Ruckus Networks, Brocade and Adobe.
- Gregg Holzrichter (CMO) has served in senior leadership roles for several companies that established category leadership through both IPO and acquisitions including VMware, Virsto, Big Switch Networks and Aporeto. He specializes in building strategic marketing organizations tightly aligned with sales for optimized go-to-market activities.
- David Brimley (CPO) has transitioned from a Hazelcast consultant where he advised the company’s product management function for 3 years prior to his hiring and promotion to CPO. With his experience in the financial services industry, David’s unique background enables Hazelcast to deliver products that stand up to some of the most demanding operational and security requirements.
- John DesJardins (CTO) previously served as Hazelcast’s field CTO and vice president of solution architecture. With twenty years of industry experience, including Cloudera and Software AG, John has a product- and solution-centric perspective borne from his years as a customer-facing architect, data strategist and industry and community evangelist.
- Chris Wilson (CRO) has spent the last 5 years leading the company’s sales organization which has delivered more than 16 straight quarters of growth. Before Hazelcast, Chris served in sales leadership roles at Oracle, Skytree and Magnet Systems.
Recommended AI News: The Northridge Group and Tethr Announce Strategic Partnership