PHOTO HSTpathways Offers Enhanced EHR User Interface for Ambulatory Surgery Center Industry
eChart 2.0 Enhancement Goes Beyond Traditional EHR to Integrate Care and Drive Efficiencies Across Entire ASC Organization
Please replace the photo with the accompanying corrected photo.
HSTpathways released eChart 2.0, a new version of its software that uses real-time data to drive efficiencies across the entire ASC practice by enabling flexible workflow, concurrent charting, precise case costs, customized views, and inventory management.
The release reads:
HSTPATHWAYS OFFERS ENHANCED EHR USER INTERFACE FOR AMBULATORY SURGERY CENTER INDUSTRY
HSTpathways, the leading provider of cloud-based, ambulatory surgery center (ASC) management software, has released eChart 2.0, a new version of its software that uses real-time data to drive efficiencies across the entire ASC practice by enabling flexible workflow, concurrent charting, precise case costs, customized views, and inventory management. Designed by a team of ASC clinicians and usability experts specifically for the ASC setting, eChart 2.0’s 40 updates include an innovative redesign that makes it easier and more efficient to navigate the system while also alleviating the long-term effects of prolonged screen exposure and mitigating harmful eye strain and fatigue from repeated overuse of smartphones and tablets.
“The goal of deploying an EHR is not to simply replicate the old paper charting system or reproduce an inefficient workflow in a digital format, but to improve workflow leading to improved patient outcomes,” said Tom Hui, CEO and founder of HSTpathways. “A great user experience maximizes physician time with patients and delivers better financial results for ASC organizations. A big selling point for EHRs is real-time data collection to drive efficiencies across the entire ASC organization. Operational decision-making is facilitated through data collection and analysis, which can directly impact revenue capture opportunities and cost savings.”
HST is a recognized market leader for directly embedding specialized clinical workflows into an ASC EHR to enhance usability and efficiency and improve patient care. It was the first to introduce an ASC EHR that provides concurrent charting, allowing clinicians to simultaneously document at all times in all areas of the patient care documentation process. This provides real-time communications about patient activities, potential risks, and treatment indicators.
eChart 2.0 Cost Savings and Benefits to ASCs:
- Accommodates the unique and flexible workflow of an ASC practice
- Offers accurate case costing to leverage in negotiations with payers and for supply chain management
- Improves patient outcomes and patient satisfaction by ensuring that clinicians have access to the right clinical data at the right time in the care process
- Eliminates direct costs associated with the storage, retrieval, and filing of paper charts
- Enables the concurrent charting of multiple clinicians to document on the same patient chart at the same time, in the same workflow
- Allows customized views and charts based on the physician and specified procedure
- Offers a modular charting design that can be easily modified to align with the ASC’s particular workflow
- Less clinician and staff time spent manually gathering data for external reporting requirements
- Streamlines and automates workflow to maximize efficiency
HST is experiencing explosive growth with the rapid adoption of eChart that was released in 2016.
HST has more than 700 clients including 40 multi-facility corporate enterprises, ASC management companies, and hundreds of free-standing ambulatory surgery centers and ASC-hospital joint ventures.