The Linux Foundation Welcomes 22 New Members from Cloud, Energy, Security, and Semiconductor Industries
The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced the addition of 17 Silver members and 5 Associate members. Linux Foundation members help support development of shared technology resources, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation in some of the world’s most successful open source projects including Hyperledger, Kubernetes, Linux, Node.js and ONAP. Linux Foundation member contributions help provide the infrastructure and resources that enable the world’s largest open collaboration communities.
Through 2018, on average, a new organization joined the Linux Foundation every day.
“We are thrilled to welcome 22 new members to the Linux Foundation,” said Jim Zemlin, executive director, the Linux Foundation. “Open source is the basis for amazing innovation today, accelerating progress in AI/ML and edge computing and transforming traditional industries such as energy and motion pictures. The latest organizations to join the Linux Foundation are the backbone of this growth and are committed to open source development principles and practices.”
In addition to joining the Linux Foundation, many of the new members have joined projects such as Automotive Grade Linux, the Ceph Foundation, the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, Hyperledger and Zephyr.
Linux Foundation Silver members are organizations that contribute to or otherwise support open source communities and projects. The new Linux Foundation Silver members who joined recently are:
- Adfolks LLC helps companies to solve their data problems and is a cloud management, data engineering, analytics, advisory and managed services firm.
- American Superconductor Corporation generates the ideas, technologies and solutions that meet the world’s demand for smarter, cleaner, better energy.
- Apptivo provides highly customizable apps so that businesses they support enjoy enhanced collaboration and communication with their customers.
- BTS Digital LLP creates immersive, interactive digital experiences that enable participants to build skills and apply them, align to organizational strategy and improve business results.
- Citi Ventures Inc accelerates the adoption of new business models and discovers new sources of value by exploring, incubating, and investing in new ideas in collaboration with Citi colleagues, our clients, and the innovation ecosystem.
- Dellfer provides an automated way to protect your code from zero-day hacking attacks.
- ElasticSearch is a distributed, RESTful search and analytics engine capable of solving a growing number of use cases.
- Faraday Grid Limited is the redesign of the electricity network; the transformation from fragile, generator-centric hub and spoke, to a resilient distribution platform.
- Hammerspace is a hybrid cloud data control plane where data exists abstracted from storage and is available to any service, in any cloud or data center.
- HealthVerity leverages innovative technologies to help our clients discover, license and link patient data across the widest range of top tier data providers.
- Hyundai Motor Group is committed to achieving sustainable growth and fulfilling our economic and social responsibility as a global corporate citizen.
- Intellect Design Arena is a specialist in applying true digital technologies and designing advanced technology products for global financial platforms.
- Lares Blockchain is an industrial application expert for blockchain security technology.
- Origoss Solutions helps their customers in their successful cloud native transformation, leveraging their several decades of experience in consulting, developing, supporting legacy network and IT system operations.
- Poste Italiane is a postal service provider that also offers integrated communication, postal savings products, logistics and financial services throughout Italy.
- TOTAL offers petroleum marketing services as well as fuels, natural gas, lubricants, bitumen, and special fluids.
- We.Trade Innovation DAC is an innovative digital platform, where businesses and banks across Europe collaborate to create a transparent, secure environment where opportunities and growth come together.
Associate members of the Linux Foundation include government agencies and not-for-profit organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to building, sustaining, and using open source technologies. The following organizations are new Linux Foundation Associate members:
- Association of Blockchain Developers of St. Petersburg is a community of blockchain developers in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- AYO Social Enterprise is a social enterprise that aims to increase the social mobility of ASEAN youths.
- Business School of Hunan University was founded in 1911 and is acknowledged as the source of modern Chinese business education.
- Project Haystack is an open source initiative to streamline working with data from the Internet of Things.
- Sun Yat-sen University is a preeminent research, academic, and cultural center and the premier location for talent development in South China.
With the support of its members, The Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking (ONAP, OPNFV and more), security (Core Infrastructure Initiative), cloud (Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and more), blockchain (Hyperledger) and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology advance at a rapid pace in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.