Keysight Delivers First 800G Test Solution for Validating Conformance of 112 Gbps Serial Data Center Interfaces to Latest Industry Standards
Keysight Technologies, Inc., a leading technology company that delivers advanced design and validation solutions to help accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world, announced the industry’s first compliance test solution for validating 112 gigabit per second (Gbps) serial data center interface to the latest industry standards.
Data center operators and hyperscalers are implementing 800 gigabit (800G), the next generation of data center connectivity technology, to address bandwidth, virtualization and switching capacity requirements as well as the need for cost-effective power efficient data transportation. Interfaces capable of supporting speeds of at least 100 Gbps and per lane are critical to realizing the benefits of 800G deployments. Keysight’s 112 Gbps conformance test platform enables optical transceiver manufacturers to accurately verify both the transmitter (TX) and receiver (RX) of designs that support connectivity speeds of 100 Gbps or greater.
Download Our Top Whitepaper : Building Reliable and Secure Fintech Systems in 2022
“Keysight’s contributions to industry standards bodies are advancing hyperscale network measurement science and design validation solutions for 100 Gbps technology,” said Dr. Joachim Peerlings, vice president of network and data center solutions at Keysight Technologies. “We leverage insights gained from working with key stakeholders across the ecosystem to create interoperability and physical layer conformance test tools. These tools speed design and development ranging from electrical simulation to early silicon and systems validation.”
Keysight’s fully automated 112 Gbps conformance test solution enables users to:
- perform flexible, precise and repeatable testing across a variety of implementation scenarios, to minimize development schedules.
- leverage a wide range of test cases for validating compliance to the latest specifications defined by both the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF).
- simplify and accelerate testing of multiple interfaces, including chip-to-chip, chip-to-module, cabled and backplane.
The new 112 Gbps conformance test solution leverages Keysight’s M8040A 64 GBaud high performance bit error ratio tester (BERT) with a N1060A Digital Communication Analyzer (DCA) for receiver testing and Keysight’s Infiniium UXR-Series real-time oscilloscope for transmitter testing. The solution includes automated test software for verifying the following:
- receiver in conformance to IEEE 802.3ck specifications (M8091CKPA)
- transmitter in conformance to IEEE 802.3ck specifications (N1091CKCA and D90103CKC)
- transmitter in conformance to OIF-CEI-112G PAM4 specifications (N109212CA and D9050CEIC)
Keysight’s new 112 Gbps conformance test solution is part of the company’s high-speed digital 800G test solutions. In February 2021, Keysight introduced 800G test solutions that support multimode interfaces, enabling the optical transceiver ecosystem to improve the power efficiency of components and modules used in data center equipment.
[To share your insights with us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org]