The Perks of Having an Employee Referral Program
IT jobs in Dubai require the best candidates in all sectors. Now, this responsibility falls in the Human Resources Department. In such cases, the Employee Referral Program can be of help.
This program allows the employer to internally ask for help and let the other employees suggest prospective candidates from their known circles. The employees can suggest and recommend the names of their family members, friends and loved ones who they feel might suit the job title.
Hence, not only are these prospective candidates trustworthy, but the feedback about them comes from a personal point of view. Now, there are various Employee referral benefits of this program such as:
Increased Quality of Hiring and Workforce
When an employee recruits a candidate suggested by one of their old employees, it boosts up the workforce’s morale in general. Not to forget, through this recruiting program, the HR department can benefit from having lesser responsibilities on building a proper work atmosphere, as it can happen naturally.
Here’s how the software jobs in Dubai improve with the referral program:
- When current employees have their suggested candidates working in the firms, they feel a sense of pride and trust in their work and the employer. As the current employees feel heard, there is a boost in their work confidence and quality through which they perform better.
- The employee referral program also works as a buddy system where the new employees will feel less shy about asking for help. Referred employees can take tips and learn more about their work from their close ones in at the worksite. Hence, it gets easier for them to settle into the new work culture quicker without any hassle.
- The referral program also helps to look for candidates who have the potential but do not know their path. As their loved ones recommend their work, the employer can benefit from finding strong candidates out of the blue.
Improved Retention Rate
Internal hiring can help with a longer retention rate. As these employees have a proper helping hand from day 1, they understand the work-culture, aim, and goals of the company within the first few days.
As these newly-referred employees fit in quickly with the environment, thanks to their loved ones, there is a lesser chance of them leaving. This also works as a boost in their morale regarding how they are trusted by both the employer as well as the person who has helped them gain the recruitment. Several IT jobs in Dubai opt for employee referral programs as the hired candidates strive to achieve better while keeping the trust in them intact.
Saves Companies Recruiting Time
Recruiting can take weeks or even a month. And in this fast-paced market, every second is important. When it comes to screening and resume analysis, it’s a lengthy process and requires the same work for several unknown candidates. But with the referral program, the employer can save ample time by having the names and contacts of prospective candidates right at their table. This entirely takes away the need to find sources and screen the shortlisted candidates to find just the one possibly fit for the job. Not to forget, the candidates who come in for interviews or screening, have a piece of first-hand knowledge about the company operations and aims through their closed ones, i.e. the current employees.
As there are lesser steps involved in the process, employee referrals benefit the HR departments by saving their time from shortlisting, screening and interviewing multiple candidates to find someone right for the job. Lesser number of resumes being analyzed can also be beneficial in quickening the recruitment process.
Saves Company Recruiting Cost
As there is a lesser time taken for hiring new employees, it also helps to light the cost of recruitment. Several software jobs in Dubai opt for the referral program to save capital and utilize it in various other sectors.
There are many ways in which this takes place, such as:
- The employer does not have to hire a team to screen and recruit new candidates. The referral program allows the employees to suggest names free of cost.
- Hence, there is no need to pay for advertisements to recruit new candidates as the word of mouth spreads quickly and other current employees can also send in their suggestions for the hiring process.
- The recruiting team which the employer hires does not have prior knowledge of the company, as much as the current employees. Hence, their suggestions for the job sectors will come from the experience of the firm’s operations.
The employee referral program benefits the IT jobs in Dubai by allowing employment opportunities to prospective candidates who might not know of the recruiting opportunity.
On the other hand, it helps save time and money for advertising and screening candidates for weeks before finding someone fitting into the work criteria.