COMSovereign Expands Advisory Board With Five Industry Leaders From Telecom, Technology, 5G and Homeland Security
- Hon. Rear Admiral (Ret.) Jay Cohen, David Wiley, Dr. Cormac Conroy, Sylvanus Bent, and Susan Schramm Join as Advisors
COMSovereign Holding Corp., a US-based developer of 4G LTE Advanced and 5G Communication Systems and Solutions, announced the addition of five influential experts to its Advisory Board whose participation aligns with the Company’s strategic focus and expansion objectives throughout the 5G supply chain.
As COMSovereign advances production of its next generation of 4G LTE and 5G solutions for public and private communications networks, the Advisory Board’s role is to assist the Company in defining future technology development activities and the integration of intellectual property sourced from its business units for applications including 5G, government networks, and smart city deployments. The latest additions to the Advisory Board include:
- David Wiley is the Chairman and President of Widelity, Inc. He has over three decades of sales, professional services, and executive management experience in wireless technology-driven industries. The firm has fostered development of cutting-edge technologies such as flat panel phased array antennas, precision navigation and timing solutions, full-duplex wireless transmission, and multi-access edge computing (“MEC”). Widely respected in the federal space, Widelity developed national security impacting reports and plans for the ‘rip and replace’ program and the ‘broadcast repack’ program, where it is charged with ensuring engineering and financial compliance for this FCC mandated multibillion-dollar program.
- Hon. Jay M. Cohen, Rear Admiral, USN (ret.) served as the Chief of Naval Research from 2000 until his retirement from the Navy in 2006. He served as the Department of the Navy’s Chief Technology Officer and was responsible for the $2B+/year Navy and Marine Corps Science and Technology (S&T) Program. Cohen coordinated investments with other U.S. and international S&T providers to rapidly meet war fighter combat needs. Unanimously confirmed by the US Senate, Cohen was sworn in and served as Under Secretary for Science & Technology at the Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”) from 2006 until 2009.
- Dr. Cormac Conroy has held multiple VP leadership roles at Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. including oversight of the cellular RF, connectivity, and the entire Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS)/location portfolio. At Intel Corporation, as Corporate Vice President and GM, he led all of Intel’s client/device wireless communications products, technology, and business, including 4G/5G modem, WiFi/BT, and GNSS/location solutions.
- Sylvanus Bent is president of BGS Consulting and was a cofounder of Network24, which became a leading pioneer in Internet video webcasting & streaming and was acquired by Akamai. He developed TCP/IP protocol stack layers and applications, 802.11 Layer 2 & 3 products, object-oriented methods and tools, and led the development of UML and XML, two technologies that have since been adopted worldwide as cornerstones of modern software design.
- Susan Schramm is the founder of Go To Market Impact, LLC and formerly held roles as VP for Global Sales at VIAVI, SVP for Sales and Marketing, Carrier Networks at Siemens, and served as Nokia’s Head of Solutions, Global Portfolio Marketing.
Widelity Chairman David Wiley, stated, “We expect ComSovereign to play a prominent role in the ‘Made-in-the-USA‘ 5G ecosystem, driven by the strength of their technology and sole-source capabilities. Widelity has been a trusted partner for over two years, and we are delighted to deepen our involvement as they now accelerate their technology development and manufacturing efforts.”
Recommended AI News: AI Robotics Startup Mech-Mind Completes Series C Funding Led by Tech Giant Meituan
Rear Admiral (ret.) Jay Cohen, former CTO of the US Navy and Undersecretary for Science and Technology at the US Department of Homeland Security said, “We are at an inflection point in history, where investments in advanced communications technologies are of paramount importance to the economic and strategic security of the U.S. and its allies. I have known the principals of COMSovereign for many years, some of whom I’ve served alongside, and I am pleased to have the opportunity to contribute my support as they drive to extend their leadership in areas including next generation wireless, IoT, and drones.”
Current members of the Advisory Board include:
- David K. Bain (Chairman), Executive Director of the Technology Integrity Council, a Washington, DC consortium for the development of advanced technologies in alignment with the ethical standards and sustainable best practices of free nations.
- Steve DelBianco, President and CEO of NetChoice
- Fraser Pajak, the former CEO of QuEST Forum and COO of the Telecommunications Industry Association.
- Grant Seiffert is the VP of Workforce Development for the Wireless Infrastructure Association and previously served as the CEO of the Telecommunications Industry Association.
- Art Roderick, a law enforcement and media consultant who served with the Department of Justice (DoJ), US Marshals, with the DoJ as Deputy Director for the International Criminal Investigative Training Program (ICITP) and the Department of Homeland Security Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) as Deputy Assistant Director.
Recommended AI News: Udacity And AWS Collaborate To Offer More Free Courses In Machine Learning