Analytics Experience 2018 explores AI, Machine learning, IoT and More
SAS conference will include Hackathon aimed at fighting wildfires
With the right tools, anything is possible. For businesses today, those tools include artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, predictive analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT).
All will be explored in San Diego at Analytics Experience 2018, Sept. 17-19, at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. The conference is presented by SAS, the leader in analytics. It will bring together thousands of data scientists, analytics experts and business executives from around the world.
Register today for Analytics Experience 2018.
Organizations leading with analytics
Analytics Experience will feature dozens of organizations unlocking value from their data with analytics as they fight fraud, manage risk, strengthen customer relationships, analyze streaming data and more.
Companies presenting include ABB, Ameren, Bed Bath & Beyond, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, BMO Financial Group, Cisco, Cleveland Clinic, Dell EMC, Duke Health, Entergy, GE Appliances, Highmark Health, Kaiser Permanente, Kellogg’s, LA Kings/AEG Sports, Levi Strauss, LinkedIn, Mercy Health, Northern Trust, Oberweis Dairy, Orlando Magic, Prime Therapeutics, Renown Health, State Farm Insurance, T-Mobile, Wells Fargo, Western Digital and Whirlpool.
Also presenting are Analytics Experience Diamond Sponsors Accenture, IBM, Intel, KPMG, Teradata and Zencos.
Fighting wildfires with analytics
This summer, California has been the epicenter of global wildfires, with tragic loss of life and massive damage estimated in the hundreds of millions of dollars and still rising.
Against this backdrop, Analytics Experience 2018 will introduce a timely Hackathon. Teams of analytics professionals will compete to analyze historical California wildfire data, with the goal of better understanding the conditions, causes and impacts of this dangerous natural phenomenon.
During two sessions Sunday night and Monday morning (Sept. 16-17), teams will use text analytics, open-source tools like the Jupyter Notebook app, and SAS® Viya® software including SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning. Three finalist teams will present during the welcome reception Sept. 17.
Teams can still register for the Hackathon; it is complimentary and separate from conference registration.
The Analytics Experience 2018 Hackathon (#HackInSAS) is sponsored by Intel, in partnership with global hackathon and tech events specialist Vumero Institute, with data source and structure help from The Institute for Health & Business Insight at Central Michigan University.
It is also part of SAS’ broad Data for Good (#Data4Good) efforts.
In addition to sessions by executives and data scientists and the Hackathon, Analytics Experience 2018 (#AnalyticsX) includes keynotes and featured presentations from:
- Robyn Benincasa, founder of World Class Teams, world-champion adventure racer, CNN Hero, founder of the Project Athena Foundation, full-time firefighter, and author of the New York Times best-seller How Winning Works.
- Rachel Bicking, Chief Data and Analytics Officer for Affinion Group, who partners with organizations to drive value by uncovering stories in customer behavior.
- Mick Ebeling, filmmaker and founder of Not Impossible, an award-winning technology incubator and content studio dedicated to changing the world through technology and story. His unconventional approach helped a paraplegic street artist draw again, created 3D-printed arms for Sudanese amputees, and gave “voice” to an ALS patient who hadn’t spoken in 15 years.
- Randy Guard, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of SAS, who provides global strategic direction and marketing vision for SAS products and solutions.
- Platon, an award-winning photographer and founder of The People’s Portfolio, a nonprofit that seeks to create a visual language that breaks barriers and enlists public support for human rights.
- Oliver Schabenberger, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Technology Officer of SAS, who sets the technology direction and executes the company’s strategic direction and business priorities.
- Dr. Anthony Slonim, President and CEO of Renown Health, an innovator and proven leader committed to working within the health care system while simultaneously working to transform it.
- Tricia Wang, a global tech ethnographer and co-founder of Sudden Compass, a consulting firm that helps companies grow by scaling and extracting insights from customer data.
Whether it’s AI, IoT, risk management, anti-fraud, customer intelligence or predictive analytics, the right tool is crucial for success. Register today for Analytics Experience 2018 and be equipped for what’s next.