Keynote Speakers for Open Source Summit Europe and Embedded Linux Conference + OpenIoT Summit Europe Announced Including Open Source Experts, Scientists, Researchers and More
Premier open source event offers keynote sessions covering data, gaming, microfinance and other topics related to open source technology
The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, today announced the keynote speakers for Open Source Summit Europe and Embedded Linux Conference + OpenIoT Summit Europe, taking place October 22-24 in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Open Source Summit Europe is the leading conference for developers, architects and other technologists – as well as open source community and industry leaders – to collaborate, share information, learn about the latest technologies and gain a competitive advantage by using innovative open solutions. Over 2,000 are expected to gather for the event.
Embedded Linux Conference (ELC) is the premier vendor-neutral technical conference for companies and developers using Linux in embedded products. Now in its 13th year, the conference gathers user-space developers, product vendors, kernel, and systems developers to collaborate.
OpenIoT Summit is a technical conference for the developers and architects working on industrial IoT. It provides the technical knowledge needed to deliver smart connected products and solutions that take advantage of the rapid evolution of IoT technologies. It is the only IoT event focused on the development of open IoT solutions.
Keynote speakers include:
- Patrick Ball, Director of Research, Human Rights Data Analysis Group
- Eric Berlow, Co-Founder, Chief Science Officer, Vibrant Data Inc.
- Ed Cable, President & Chief Executive Officer, Mifos Initiative
- Jonathan Corbet, Author, Kernel Developer and Executive Editor, LWN.net
- Johanna Koester, Program Director of Developer Technology and Advocacy, IBM
- Dr. Alexander Nitz, Gravitational-wave Researcher, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics
- Brenda Romero, Award-Winning Game Designer, Fulbright Scholar & Entrepreneur
- Linus Torvalds, Creator of Linux & Git, in conversation with Dirk Hohndel, Vice President & Chief Open Source Officer, VMware
- Jim Zemlin, Executive Director, The Linux Foundation
The full schedule of sessions will be announced next week, with additional keynotes announced shortly thereafter.
Registration is $800 through August 18, and includes access to all sessions at both Open Source Summit Europe and Embedded Linux Conference + OpenIoT Summit Europe. Additional alumni, non-profit and Linux Foundation member discounts are available as well; details are available on the event registration page. Applications for diversity and needs-based scholarships are currently being accepted. For information on eligibility and how to apply, please click here.
The Linux Foundation events are where the world’s leading technologists meet, collaborate, learn and network in order to advance innovations that support the world’s largest shared technologies.
Members of the press who would like to request a press pass to attend should contact Dan Brown at email@example.com.
Open Source Summit Europe and Embedded Linux Conference + OpenIoT Summit Europe are made possible thanks to Diamond Sponsors Intel and Microsoft; Platinum Sponsors IBM and SUSE; and Gold Sponsors Amazon Web Services, Nutanix, Red Hat, Sumologic and VMware.