Kiana Announces New Patent for Internet of Persons (IoP) Platform, Technology Integrations, Awards, and Other 2018 Achievements
Kiana Analytics, Inc., the IoP™ solutions company that provides proximity and physical security services to organizations worldwide, announced numerous innovations, integrations, and industry leadership highlights that have contributed to the company’s rapid growth in 2018.
Kiana augments physical security capabilities at airports, campuses, and large public venues, through location-based services, image device association, forensic analytics, and pattern tracking. The platform improves business profitability by magnifying foot traffic, enhancing visitor engagement, optimizing human capital planning, and analyzing queue waits and visitor behavior.
To date, Kiana has processed more than 475 million unique wireless device IDs across 50 countries worldwide, driven by adoption of the company’s IoP technologies, used for greater security and visitor engagement across an array of industry use cases.
Kiana’s 2018 accomplishments include:
The platform’s universal device detection recognizes all mobile devices and wearables – connected, detected, Android, and iOS – enabling companies to determine recognizable, as well as potentially undesirable, visitors. In 2018, Kiana was awarded two important patents by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). The patents cover technologies powering KianaSecure™ and KianaEngage™, which detect and analyze tens-of-thousands of visitors per day, making the cloud-based software ideal for corporate campuses, convention centers, airports, malls, and other large venues.
- Uniquely identifying all wireless devices – Announced in June, Patent 9,998,907 covers industry-first methods for identification of all connected and detected WiFi, Bluetooth, and smart bulb devices.
- Method and apparatus for integrated tracking of visitors – Kiana was recently awarded Patent 10,080,129 for its method and tracking of mobile devices. The patent covers core functionalities, including:
- Filtering out unique identifications to obtain a true identification for the mobile device
- Generating data structures for video streams and tracking information of the mobile device
- Applying analytics to the retrieved video and tracking information to analyze behavior of the user to predict user’s footfall
Hundreds of VARs, system designers, and integrators use Kiana’s market-leading real-time location services’ (RTLS) proximity accuracy and speed to empowering organizations across industries to leverage their WiFi infrastructure in order to capture visitor traffic and demographic data, increase physical safety and security, improve operations, refine marketing campaigns, and engage visitors.
In 2018, Kiana expanded its technology integrations beyond Fortinet to include:
- Networking – Official partner of HPE Aruba, a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for enterprises. Kiana is also now available for Cisco Meraki and Aironet WiFi users.
- HD WiFi – Everest Networks, a leading High-Density (HD) WiFi platform for stadiums, convention centers, shopping malls, transport hubs, campuses, and smart cities.
- Video Management Systems (VMS) – Leading security camera video management systems: Panasonic (VideoInsight) and Johnson Controls (Tyco VMS, ExacqVision)
- Smart Bulb Technologies – Lunera, which designs, manufactures, and sells LED lighting solutions for existing commercial and industrial (C&I) facility retrofits.
Industry Awards and Leadership
- Gartner Report – Kiana was included as a representative vendor in Gartner’s Market Guide for Indoor Location Application Platforms (Oct 11, 2018)
- DHS Award – As part of the Silicon Valley Innovation Program (SVIP), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) awarded Kiana Analytics another project to develop technology to enhance the U.S. Customs and Border Protection counting and measuring capabilities at ports of entry.
- Innovation Award – Kiana received the “Rocket to Success” Award at the Telecom Council’s 2018 Innovation Showcase.