Digital farming is a developing concept in the field of agriculture. Unlike conventional methods, where the farmers decision making is based on his/her intuition, digital farming provides quantitative suggestion. The data collected using various enabling technologies helps the farmers in recognising outlines, based on which strategic decisions can be made. Also, with the evolution of smartphones, and Internet-of-Things (IoT), members of the agricultural value chain can assess the data collected from the farms in their smart devices, thereby leading to connectivity and convergence.
Digital farming technologies facilitates the reduction in the amount of water and fertilizers utilized which decreases the operational expenditures and increases the return of investment even for small scale farmers.
Key Questions Answered in the Technology and Innovation Report
1. What is the significance of digital farming in agriculture sector ?
2. What are the key enabling technologies?
3. What are the factors that influence technology development and adoption?
4. Who are the key innovators driving developments?
5. What are the opportunities based on patent and funding trends?
6. What are the future prospects of the technology?
7. What sort of strategies do OEMs need to embrace to gain entry and sustain in the competitive marketplace?