Google.Org Has Issued an Open Call to Companies and Collaborations for Working Together to Apply AI for Social Good
Leading technology platform and AI pioneer, Google, has issued an open call to global companies, researchers, and collaboration groups to submit their ideas on AI for social good. The program could lead to a greater accountability on technology pioneers and users to invest in AI and machine learning projects for social good and welfare.
With time, societal challenges are turning vicious and political. Humanity is suffering due to dubious decisions of a limited group of people. Google for AI could democratize technology and its applications for the social welfare at a larger scale. Selected organizations who leverage AI for social good would receive support from Google’s own expert panel, garnering a cool funding of $25 million pool, in addition to credit and consulting from Google Cloud, and more.
In their latest post, Google announced how they believe AI can provide “new ways of approaching problems and meaningfully improve people’s lives.” That’s the whole ideas behind launching AI for social good project at a global scale. Supporting organizations in the like-minded effort could go a long way in addressing immediate and perennial social as well as environmental challenges.
What Kind of Projects Could Fit Into AI For Social Good?
Google AI shared a list of eligibility conditions to participate in the AI for Social Good project. The section clearly identifies projects specific to domains and technologies that have a visible impact on the social ecosystem. More than the technology, it’s about the application and the outcomes.
At AiThority, we think AI for Social Good project could assimilate organizations that are fighting against these social, medical, and environmental issues —
- Global Warming
- Deforestation And Marine Pollution
- Women Safety and Security
- Third World Development
- Child Care and Infant Development
- Infertility and Sexual Wellness
- Amnesia, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and Other Neural degenerative diseases
- Monopoly in Pharma tech and Life Sciences
Before applying to the AI for Social Good project, you should self-retrospect the areas that you think are a challenge to the society.
- How will the AI for Social Good project address a societal challenge, and to what extent?
- Do you have enough research and data about the problem and the solution?
- What’s the roadmap to deploy the AI model for real-world impact, and what are the expected outcomes?
- Do you know other organizations that are fighting the same challenges?
Do read about Google’s AI principles to ensure full support during the project and beyond. Organizations can submit their entries until 22 January 2019 to submit their applications.
After the deadline, Google and their expert AI-focused panel will review proposals and announce grant recipients in spring 2019.