DataStax Accelerates Global Growth In Q3 With New Customers Including GrubHub, M&T Bank And Axway And Strong Demand For Its Serverless Cloud Database, Astra DB
DataStax announced strong momentum in Q3 as more enterprises around the world tap the power of the company’s serverless cloud database Astra DB to harness the real-time data that runs their businesses. Astra DB is built on Apache Cassandra,™ the world’s most scalable database and recognized as the NoSQL (non-relational) enterprise standard.
Recommended AI News: Visier Announces Standardized Occupations and Certified Developer Program
In the company’s third quarter, which ended October 31, 2021, leading enterprises from across the U.S., Europe, Asia and Africa including Axway, GrubHub, M&T Bank, Brand Networks, Alpha Ori Technologies, Blue Yonder, Bridge Diagnostics, Inc., Foundry Digital, Insurance & Mobility Solutions (IMS), Mapped Inc, Proquest LLC, and Tala chose DataStax to quickly build and modernize the data-driven applications that power their businesses. With the DataStax open stack, any organization can easily leverage proven open source software including Apache Cassandra and Apache Pulsar™ delivered on Kubernetes®, to harness data in motion and data at rest to deploy rich and engaging applications at massive scale.
What customers are saying about DataStax
- GrubHub is part of Just Eat Takeaway.com, a leading global online food delivery marketplace, and elevates food ordering through innovative restaurant technology, easy-to-use platforms and an improved delivery experience.
“GrubHub uses DataStax Enterprise and Apache Cassandra (with DataStax Luna) as the base of our technology platform. This has allowed us to scale to providing thousands of orders on a per-minute basis. The ease around reliability, performance, and scaling with DSE and Cassandra make it ideal to allow us to grow and provide a great experience for both our restaurants and diners.”
— John Clark, Director Site Reliability Engineering, GrubHub
- Alpha Ori Technologies develops real-time data solutions for maritime shipping. “By going serverless with DataStax Astra DB, we’ve reduced the operational costs for our Cassandra database platform by an order of ten. It’s a brilliant choice because it scales on demand when we need to onboard 300 ships to our systems in a single day. With Astra DB, we get high read and write throughput for 5,000 data points collected from each ship every 30 seconds, allowing us to rapidly deliver analytics and alerts for predictive maintenance, fuel savings, enhanced asset utilization and more.”
— Praveen Viswanath, Co-Founder and Enterprise Architect, Alpha Ori Technologies
- Brand Networks, LLC provides data-informed social marketing and advertising technology to enterprise customers. “DataStax Astra DB is a cost-effective managed Cassandra solution to support our platform as we develop increasingly sophisticated AI-driven solutions for clients worldwide. With Astra DB’s distributed scalability and speed across regions, we can deliver fast, precise recommendations triggered by real-time event data, helping our clients build meaningful relationships with their employees and customers.”
— Jeremiah Frick, CTO, Brand Networks
Since DataStax launched Astra DB — the first open, multi-cloud serverless database-as-a-service just over a year ago and has seen strong adoption. This is the second consecutive quarter where Astra DB contributed over 25% of the company’s new annual recurring revenue (ARR). In addition, the company’s recent launch of Astra Streaming, built on Apache Pulsar, is gaining strong interest from the market, including from Apache Kafka users looking for more modern, scalable event streaming technology to build responsive applications that drive customer engagement.
Recommended AI News: DataRobot and Hexaware Collaborate to Help Customers Accelerate Their AI Journey
“I could not be more proud of the entire team behind our growth as we continue to obsess over customers who are relying on us to help them manage the data that runs their business,” said Chet Kapoor, DataStax chairman and CEO. “We are relentless in our pursuit to help enterprises change their trajectories with engaging and interactive data-driven applications that have the power to fuel innovation and growth.”
Other recent DataStax highlights:
- Unveiled Astra DB multi-region, the first serverless database in production for multiple regions and on multiple clouds
- Launched GraphQL API enabling developers to query multiple relational and NoSQL databases and build modern applications on Apache Cassandra faster and easier
- Announced new gRPC API empowering developers to easily create highly performant microservices applications that query Cassandra. The API is available alongside JSON, REST, and GraphQL APIs in the Stargate open source data gateway, built to make Cassandra developer-ready and for interacting with data at scale
- Expanded global presence with a new office and general manager in Beijing, China and a new lead for Latin America out of Brazil
- Announced availability of the K8ssandra open source data platform for Kubernetes on the VMWare Marketplace
- DataStax CEO video on Q3 momentum and data standardization
- DataStax Astra DB serverless DBaaS: A Fully Managed Apache Cassandra That Scales Effortlessly and Affordably
- DataStax Astra Streaming Press Release: DataStax Delivers Scale-Out Enterprise Event Streaming for Modern Data Apps
- Astra DB Multi-Region Press Release: DataStax Delivers The First Serverless Database Available for Production in Multiple Regions and Multiple Clouds
[To share your insights with us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org]