Fortanix Launches Cloud Key Manager to Secure Private Data as Businesses Migrate to Public Cloud
Solution Transparently Secures Data and Hybrid Apps Across Multiple Clouds and On-Premises
Fortanix, the data-first multicloud security company, announced Fortanix Cloud Key Manager, a new solution that helps businesses secure private data as they migrate to public cloud. Available for use across AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure – it is the only solution on the market that can apply consistent encryption key management policies across multiple cloud providers, tenants, and regions while enabling keys from any cloud or on-premises Hardware Security Module (HSM) to encrypt data anywhere. For the first time, hybrid applications handling sensitive data can perform cryptographic operations across multiple clouds and on-premises data centers from a single point of control.
“Privacy regulations and data breaches are driving the need for more data security in public clouds, but data security solutions designed for on-premises don’t translate,” said Faiyaz Shahpurwala, chief product and strategy officer at Fortanix. “Fortanix gives businesses a data security platform that can bridge on-premises and public cloud environments to prevent data breaches and comply with continually evolving privacy regulations.”
More than 80% of businesses today are taking a hybrid and multi-cloud strategy to augment internal data centers. As workloads and sensitive data move to the cloud, keeping cryptographic keys, secrets, and tokens secure is critical to public cloud deployments and successful digital transformation. The Fortanix Cloud Key Manager capabilities support this wave of migration by giving organizations unmatched flexibility by efficiently managing keys, secrets, and tokens across public clouds from a single, unified platform. The solution extends existing cloud-native KMS to separate encryption keys from the data being secured, enables multicloud key management, and provides the granular multi-region policy control required to meet changing compliance and data privacy regulations.
Recommended AI News: Amelia Deploys PandaDoc For Company-Wide Electronic Signature Needs
Fortanix Cloud Key Manager includes:
- External Key Management. Encrypt data in the cloud using encryption keys stored outside the cloud.
- Bring Your Own Key (BYOK). Generate, upload, rotate, and manage master encryption keys in cloud KMS from a single system across AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, and SaaS platforms including Salesforce.
- Native Encryption Key Management. Generate, rotate, and manage native AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, and Salesforce master encryption keys.
- Cloud Encryption Key Disaster Recovery. Back up, restore, and re-import master encryption keys for public cloud KMS.
- Multi-Region/Tenant Cloud Encryption Key Management. Manage encryption key policies for separate departments, subsidiaries, and geographic regions to achieve compliance and conform with data privacy regulations.
- Multicloud HSM Key Management. Use keys generated in any cloud or on-premises HSM to encrypt data anywhere, enabling hybrid applications that span multiple public and private clouds.
- Cloud Secrets Management. Manage API and machine credentials across multiple clouds, with HSM protected central secrets management to protect private data and ensure privacy compliance.