Pulumi Business Critical Edition Addresses Rising Demand for Enterprise Modernization Through Infrastructure as Code
Advanced security and compliance capabilities, premium support, on-premises self-hosting, and AWS Marketplace availability give large organizations the tools they need to fully embrace the cloud in 2022
Pulumi exceeds 1M downloads per month, experiencing 350% year-over-year growth of enterprise customers, including Mercedes-Benz, Snowflake, Atlassian and SANS Institute
-Cloud Engineering leader Pulumi released a new Business Critical edition of its Cloud Engineering Platform with advanced security and compliance features, premium support, new partnerships and self-hosting options to support the most sophisticated production workloads in the modern cloud. Pulumi Enterprise and Business Critical editions are now available for purchase through AWS Marketplace, a digital catalog of software listings that makes it easy to find, test, buy, and deploy software that runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Support for additional cloud provider marketplaces is imminent. Business Critical customers receive dedicated 24×7 support, premium training, onboarding and professional services.
Latest Aithority Insights: Aporia Raises $25 Million to Ensure Responsible AI and Illuminate the Black Box
“Enterprise compliance, reliability, and security are clear focal points for executives on their cloud modernization journey”
“Enterprise adoption of cloud and cloud native platforms is accelerating, which creates major integration and organizational overheads. Compliance to internal and regulatory standards is particularly challenging in distributed systems, because of the complexity of the core platforms, the likelihood of infrastructure drift, and ecosystem fragmentation,” said James Governor, co-founder of RedMonk. “Pulumi is positioned to address those challenges with policy as code, defined using common programming languages.”
Pulumi adoption continues to accelerate across enterprises around the world with more than 1M downloads per month. The company experienced 350% year-over-year growth of its enterprise customers in the last 12 months, including Mercedes-Benz, Snowflake, Atlassian and SANS Institute.
“Migrating our core infrastructure codebase to Pulumi made it easier to access that codebase, and has made our engineering organization much more productive,” said Nikhil Benesch, Tech Lead at Materialize. “We use Pulumi to deploy and manage the Kubernetes environments that run our SaaS product, Materialize Cloud, and developers can easily provision their own cloud development environments for Materialize Cloud using standard programming languages they already know.”
Enterprises have adopted modern cloud architectures like Kubernetes, serverless, and containers to increase innovation velocity across their organizations. Pulumi enables teams and organizations to accelerate development velocity by using software engineering best practices with infrastructure as code, tame modern cloud complexity by providing a consistent interface to provision and manage over 60 cloud providers, and reduce risk through reusable and modular infrastructure building blocks developed with general-purpose programming languages.
In addition to Pulumi’s core infrastructure as code capabilities, enterprises can use the platform to enforce security and compliance through organization-wide policy as code, with SOC 2 Type II compliance. Customers with rigorous, segment-specific compliance and support requirements can deploy the self-hosted version of Pulumi to maintain complete control of their infrastructure, data, and security perimeters. The ability to enforce policies across the entire organization, centrally control Pulumi access using their identity providers, and manage audit logs with existing compliance tools is vital.
Browse The Complete News About Aithority: Agiloft Announces Partnership with HBR Consulting for Expanded Access to Legal Consulting Services
The Business Critical edition gives enterprises key capabilities to support production workloads with the highest security and compliance requirements:
- Multi-Cloud Infrastructure as Code: Support for modern cloud architectures including Kubernetes, serverless, and containers, with a consistent workflow across many clouds, maximizes engineering velocity and tames cloud complexity.
- Policy Guardrails: Enforce server-side, organization-wide policies, including compliance and security best practices, network access restrictions, and cost controls. New Update Plans feature allows users to restrict updates to just what was planned.
- Continuous Verification and Delivery: Deploy and manage cloud apps and infrastructure continuously with policy enforcement and secure pipeline best practices, with integrations with systems like Spinnaker, GitLab and Kubernetes Operators.
- Federated Identity and Group Management: Pulumi offers federated services for organizations that want to leverage existing SAML 2.0 and Single Sign-On (SSO) investments and uses the System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) protocol for automatic identity synchronization with systems like Microsoft Active Directory, Google G Suite, and Okta, among others.
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC): Control access to sensitive data and operations through fine-grained roles across the entire organization and for specific projects.
- Complete Auditing: Automatically record all activity, with the ability to export logs for integration with other security and compliance partners.
- Self-Hosting: Enterprises that require specific data controls can use the self-hosted Pulumi service in their own cloud or datacenter and maintain complete control over their hosting, network isolation, identity, and data ownership. Deployment options include Kubernetes clusters, VMware vSphere, virtual private clouds in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and many other configurations. It can also run in air-gapped environments without access to the Internet.
- New Enterprise Migration Tools: Reliably import existing cloud resources provisioned manually or by other tools and auto-generate a Pulumi program to manage those resources. Alternatively, convert existing infrastructure as code projects, such as Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager templates, or Kubernetes YAML, into a Pulumi program.
Pulumi has received third-party validation of its security controls and processes, including a Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type II report. SOC 2 is an industry standard that validates the security of infrastructures, policies, and procedures for cloud-based service providers.
All editions of the Pulumi Service, including the Business Critical Edition and Self-Hosted, are immediately available as free trials. Enterprises can contact Pulumi directly to discuss which product experiences might be best suited to their needs. Enterprises can choose to deploy Pulumi on their own or take advantage of Pulumi’s Business Critical onboarding program. Pulumi Enterprise and Business Critical editions are now available for purchase through AWS Marketplace.
“AWS Marketplace has become a preferred destination for enterprises who are looking for best-of-breed software and services to support their growth and transformation,” said Stephen Orban, Vice President, AWS Marketplace and Control Services at AWS. “We’re excited for all customers to be able to easily find, buy, deploy, and govern Pulumi’s Enterprise and Business Critical editions in AWS Marketplace to ensure control over their infrastructure, data, and security perimeters.”
“Enterprise compliance, reliability, and security are clear focal points for executives on their cloud modernization journey,” said Joe Duffy, Founder and CEO of Pulumi. “As we celebrate our fifth anniversary as a company, we also celebrate more than 350% growth this past year in the number of enterprise customers that have bet on Pulumi as their Cloud Engineering Platform. We’ve helped organizations ranging in size from hundreds to many thousands of active users, and have rapidly met the challenge of fulfilling their most demanding security, compliance, and reliability needs. That’s what you get when you buy Pulumi’s Business Critical Edition – a rock solid Cloud Engineering Platform that you can bet on for your most mission-critical projects, accelerating your entire organization’s journey to the cloud.”
Read More About Aithority News : Use Of WireSecure Can Reduce Cybersecurity Insurance Premiums
[To share your insights with us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org]