Strata Introduces Identity Orchestration Platform for Multi-Clouds
Maverics Enables All Identity Management Systems to Work as One while Harmonizing Security Policies Across Distributed Cloud and On-Prem Applications
Strata Identity today unveiled the Maverics™ Identity Orchestration Platform, which enables organizations to manage distributed multi-cloud and on-premises identity systems in a unified fashion. The company’s visionary founders co-authored the ubiquitous SAML identity federation standard, developed the first open source single sign-on (SSO) product, and once again created a new product category to address one of the industry’s top challenges — distributed multi-cloud identity.
.@StrataIdentity introduces Maverics identity orchestration platform for multi-clouds which enables all identity management systems to work as one while harmonizing security policies across distributed cloud and on-premises applications
Last week the company was named one of 10 finalists for the Innovation Sandbox “Most Innovative Startup” Competition at RSA Conference 2021.
Recommended AI News: CIVICA Selects Vonage for Next Generation Local Authority Communications
Businesses are increasingly using multiple cloud services, each with their own built-in identity system, which need to coexist with on-premises applications that are tightly integrated with legacy identity platforms. These identity silos make it impossible to manage identity and access policies consistently. Maverics creates a distributed identity fabric that abstracts and unifies any identity system, including Microsoft Azure AD, Okta, AWS, and Google Cloud Identity; legacy on-premises products from Oracle, CA, RSA ClearTrust, Active Directory, Ping, and others; and identities contained in enterprise applications like Salesforce, Workday, and more.
“We faced the urgent issue of having to modernize the authentication and authorization of our applications. Mainly due to the end of life of our current single sign-on identity solution. Without having Maverics for this migration we could have spent hundreds of thousands of hours — human hours — redeveloping and reconfiguring policy for our applications,” said Rob Lenhof, Manager of Cloud Information Security at Kroger. “[with Maverics] we were able to modernize our applications so that we can move faster to provide better products to our end-users and our customers while leveraging the power of the cloud.”
Recommended AI News: Mighty Networks Raises $50 Million Equity Round to Build the Creator Economy for All
The Maverics Identity Orchestration Platform
Maverics enables organizations to:
- Manage identity and access policies consistently across multiple identity platforms supporting distributed, multi-cloud architectures
- Mix-and-match different identity technologies with any application without custom code
- Use Identity Orchestration recipes to build flexible, multi-step and runtime identity user flows for automating on-boarding, off-boarding and other identity activities
Maverics solves the following problems:
- Eliminate the cost and complexity of custom integration to connect apps and different identity technologies
- Migrate applications and user identities from legacy to modern identity systems without rewriting apps
- Avoid big bang migrations in favor of incremental projects, since cloud and legacy identity can coexist indefinitely
Maverics addresses these top use cases:
- Multi-cloud identity – orchestrate consistent user identity and access policies for applications deployed on virtually any cloud platform including integrations with Microsoft Azure AD, Okta, AWS Identity, and Google Cloud Identity.
- Identity migration – move applications and identities from legacy identity platforms that are fast approaching end of life (i.e., CA, Oracle, RSA, and IBM) to modern identity systems without changes to apps.
- Secure Hybrid Access – enable access to on-premises applications from cloud-based identity systems while enforcing Zero Trust policies missing in legacy identity platforms.
“The future of computing is unquestionably multi-cloud and to succeed in this new era of distributed architectures, enterprises need an identity management approach that is equally distributed. Strata built Maverics for enterprises adopting multi-cloud that want to avoid rewriting apps, custom integration, long identity projects and to break identity lock-in,” said Eric Olden, CEO of Strata. “Maverics identity orchestration removes the barriers created by fragmented identity silos so organizations can use any identity system with any application, and enforce consistent access policies in a way that is transparent to users.”