Thales Announces New Solutions to Help Organizations Discover, Protect and Control Sensitive Data
New solutions deliver enhanced data protection capabilities to secure sensitive data across major cloud hyperscalers including Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services Enables organizations to bring their own security to the cloud and solve major challenges including discovering critical data, reducing operational complexity, and ensuring data sovereignty
With every cloud supplier having distinctive data protection mechanisms and key management offerings, multicloud data protection presents a complex security challenge for organizations. Thales’ latest cloud data security solutions permit customers to maintain control of and manage their encryption keys, as well as manage access and authentication across hybrid and multicloud environments.
Recommended AI News: Rakuten Mobile and NEC Partner to Promote Open RAN in Global Telecom Markets
“These capabilities are critical to cloud migration and security, particularly with such accelerated growth during this area,” said Sunil Potti, vice president, and general manager of Google Cloud Security. “True to our mission, we have forged this collaboration with Thales to further protect our customer’s most sensitive info. we are empowering customers to leverage the total potential of Google Cloud technology for sensitive workloads, by utilizing the Customer-Managed encryption Key-integrated GCP services, Cipher Trust Cloud Key Manager and SafeNet Trusted Access for access management and authentication from Thales. This can enable enterprises to deal with fluid and dynamic business surroundings where protecting sensitive data within the cloud is of extreme importance.”
Simplifying Multicloud Security
As customers look to reap the rewards from multicloud environments, Thales is creating it easier to confirm protection against reputational risk and financial penalties arising from a cloud data breach. As such, customers will benefit from enhanced capabilities to find, defend and control sensitive data across multicloud environments, as well as the ability to:
Discover Sensitive Data in the Cloud and On-Premises
Thales Data Discovery and Classification automates the discovery, classification, and protection of data within the cloud and on-premises using automation policies that identify sensitive data and protect the data with encryption or tokenization. These capabilities have currently been extended to the discovery and classification of data in Amazon Web Services S3 buckets and Azure Blob storage.
Protect Sensitive Data and Workloads in the Cloud
To address both the complexity of where data is stored and to assist ensure data sovereignty in a multicloud environment, effective encryption and tokenization are required. Specific new data protection capabilities for cloud platforms include:
- CipherTrust Transparent Encryption for advanced encryption and access controls protects data in Amazon Web Services Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Encryption of Kubernetes secrets and Google Anthos Service Mesh signing keys
Recommended AI News: BitKan Smart Trade adds OKEx Swap
Control Access to Applications and Sensitive Data in the Cloud
- The accelerated adoption of encryption has led to the need to manage a far larger variety of encryption keys across both traditional information stores and multicloud environments. Thales has enabled new capabilities that permit organizations to control access to data and ownership of their encryption keys, including:
- Thales is also giving CipherTrust Cloud Key Manager Support for Google Cloud’s External Key Manager (EKM), building on the present CipherTrust Key Broker for Google Cloud EKM which is part of the Thales Data Protection on Demand cloud-based platform.
Secure and Protect access at the Login Point
Compromised identities pose one of the greatest risks for data breaches:
- SafeNet Trusted Access integrates out of the box with Google Workspace, Azure, and AWS, enforcing the appropriate access controls and authentication for privileged and regular users.
- SafeNet Trusted Access is offering new abilities to provide authentication and authorization for APIs and for applications not using industry-standard protocols such as SAML and OIDC.
“The proliferation of multi-cloud computing has created new organizational challenges in managing information across many alternative cloud environments. while organizations have benefited from scalability and speed to market thanks to the power of the cloud, the ever-increasing IT cloud landscape has added larger complexity to information management and security,” said Sébastien Cano, Senior vice president, Cloud Protection and Licensing activities at Thales. “In a post-pandemic, highly regulated world, it’s even more vital for organizations to understand what data they have, where it sits, who will access it, and the risks related to managing it. Only once a corporation understands all of those data lifecycle aspects, will they ensure that it’s secured and managed correctly.”