Navisite Research Finds More Than One-Third of Companies Caught Unprepared to Support Large-Scale Work-from-Home Model
51% of respondents admit experiencing IT pains during the remote transition process, with 29% still battling issues
Navisite unveiled new research that found more than one-third (36%) of companies were not prepared to support such a large-scale and abrupt transition to a remote workforce, following “shelter-in-place” mandates issued to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As a result, more than half of the organizations polled (51%) experienced IT pains during the transition process, with a subset (29%) reporting they are still facing issues.
Recommended AI News: Clinton Foundation and Verizon Partner to Promote Student Social Impact Innovation
Navisite polled more than 100 C-level executives and IT professionals in the U.S. to understand the impact of this massive workforce relocation on business operations. Key findings from the survey include:
- Before COVID-19, only 14% of companies had more than half of their employees working from home. Post COVID-19, more than 64% of companies have more than half of their workforce remote.
- 36% of respondents admit their organizations were not prepared for the immediate shift to support so many employees working from home.
- 51% of companies experienced some IT pains during the transition to a work-from-home model.
- 29% are still battling these issues in some capacity.
- 83% of respondents believe their companies will continue with more liberal work-from-home policies post-COVID 19.
Recommended AI News: AI Startup Vestun Launches Hedge Fund Navigating Market Turbulence
Navisite is a modern managed cloud service provider that accelerates IT transformation for thousands of growing and established global brands. Through our deep technical knowledge and strategic relationships with the world’s leading cloud providers, proven delivery methodologies, platform-agnostic approach and worldwide network of highly specialized experts, we provide the capabilities and practical guidance customers need to successfully embrace IT change and move their businesses forward.