Adding iOS as a companion to its Mac, Win, and Chrome desktop apps for the creation of screen recordings, uploading screenshots or accessing files to collaborate on the go
CloudApp, a visual communication software company in the collaborative tech space that allows for instantly shareable screenshots, annotations, screen recordings, webcam recordings, and GIFs, released a mobile app for iOS as a companion to its primary desktop tools.
Now the 3 million+ community of CloudApp will be able use their phones to easily collaborate on the go by creating screen recordings and sharing screenshots through the iOS app as well as view and share their desktop “drops” (screenshots, annotations, screen recordings, webcam recordings, and GIFs) previously created with their account.
“Our goal is to improve our users’ workflows and collaboration efforts by providing an easy-to-use visual communication platform to lead the modern workplace,” said Scott Smith, the CEO of CloudApp. “The CloudApp iOS app will permit users to continue that same visual collaboration while on the move.”
Features of the CloudApp iOS app include:
- Create screen recordings, and share images, videos, and files instantly from an iPhone
- Download CloudApp recorded videos, screenshots, or files to your phone
- Preview and share files, screenshots, screen recordings, GIFs, and more
- Scan through files quickly with the customized thumbnail view
- Create and access Collections of shared content for instant access to important collaborative content
- Easily access content that has been favorited
- Upload to CloudApp from any other apps (ex: select a photo in your photo library, share to CloudApp)
Recommended News: RealPage to Acquire Modern Message
The iOS app will also include the ability to create and use Collections, a feature that was recently announced. Collections allow CloudApp teams and users to sort content into different folders for easy access to frequently used or important files and instantly collaborate with other CloudApp users.