- Huawei’s upcoming products boast advanced AI capabilities
- Focuses on innovation and customer research to drive better consumer experience
- Huawei through its enhanced R&D capabilities is customizing its global AI offerings to cater to its Indian audience
As part of its focus on innovation and bridging the digital divide, Huawei Consumer Business Group (CBG) boosts its efforts on the innovation of AI capabilities in India. Understanding that AI is a critical factor towards shaping the smartphone era, the company has focused on customer research and localization of its offerings to provide the best-ever experience on mobile phones. Further, in this endeavor, it has also created a specialized team that focuses on R&D, here in India.
It is estimated that by 2025, over 90% of end users of smartphones will benefit from the tailored and smart services. As AI brings a significantly better user experience, core capacities regarding devices, chips and cloud services will be pushed to do more than ever, leading to increased demands for computing performance, energy efficiency, network connectivity, and more. By developing the core technologies of chips and the cloud, Huawei will be able to deliver the user experiences that will define the future of smartphone in the smart era. After the launch of Huawei P20 Pro series, Huawei’s new upcoming products will witness advanced AI capabilities.
Mr. James Lu, Director of AI product management at Huawei Consumer Business Group, said, “At Huawei, we want to create an elite mobile ecosystem and offer products that not only offer distinctive user experience but also enhance the way consumer connects with one other. The Intelligent Smartphones, enabled by AI capabilities, will be an extension of who we are, allowing us to seamlessly interact and enrich the way we experience the world around us.”
“Globally, we are one of the top investors in R&D and we work together with the world’s best intellectual resources to strengthen our innovation capability. We, at Huawei, see tremendous potential in the India market and are focused on fostering innovation here by bringing cutting-edge technologies to the country,” he further added.
Fueling Innovation by bringing cutting-edge technologies
Over the past five years, Huawei has become one of the top three smartphone brands in the world. With the recent launch of Huawei P20 Pro in India, the company is riding ahead in user preference and adoption. As part of this strategy, Huawei is leveraging the collective wisdom of the world’s brightest minds, both within and outside the company, to help shape the next era of consumer technology.
AI will be a critical factor that shapes the smartphone competition in the next 5 to 10 years. It transforms people-device interaction. More importantly, it explores users’ preference, or may even alter business models of the mobile industry. Huawei invests in intelligent sensing, intelligent cognition, and intelligent computing. The company has developed artificial intelligence systems that enable synergies between software and hardware, as well as between devices and cloud. In addition, Huawei strives to bring a smarter experience to consumers in all scenarios. The company has made major breakthroughs in areas including chipsets, user interface (UI), and dual/triple-lens camera technology. Huawei has also built new capacity for product innovation.
- Chipset: As a new-generation chipset applied to Huawei’s flagship smartphones, the Kirin 970 features dedicated NPU (Neural Processing Unit) ultra-fast connection, intelligent computing capability, HD audio-visual effects, and long battery life. It is built through the most advanced TSMC 10 nm process technology, which integrates 5.5 billion transistors in an area roughly the size of a fingernail. Through this chipset, Huawei aims to enable broader use of AI technology in the application field and provide consumers with a never-before-seen AI experience right in the palm of their hands
- UI: Addressing the issue of Android phones slowing down, Huawei’s R&D team, led by some of the world’s leading experts unveiled EMUI 8.2, software that is tightly integrated with the Kirin chipset to take full advantage of Huawei’s strengths in both software and hardware
- GPU Turbo: Huawei’s GPU Turbo is a graphic processing acceleration technology that re-architects how graphics are processed on the system level for revolutionary performance and efficiency improvement. This latest technology will allow users to enjoy 4D gaming experience with the help of AI, ensuring real-time image and sound recognition, and intelligent game vibrations. It will boost graphics performance by around 60 percent while reducing the energy consumption by around 30 percent
It is given that the human-computer interaction tools will continue to evolve, driven by the natural interaction represented by VR/AR. With AI and VR/AR technologies reaching maturity, the user experience of smart devices will be enhanced dramatically. Huawei has already laid the groundwork for leadership in cutting-edge technologies such as 5G, AI, and VR/AR, aiming to elevate user experience in smart devices.
At Huawei, the company is focused on offering meaningful innovation to offer a differentiated experience to the consumer. Through its continued investment in R&D, Huawei will drive the next era of innovation to inspire and empower mankind.