AI21 Labs Introduces Jurassic-2, the World’s Most Advanced Language Model
AI21 Labs, a startup aiming to fundamentally change the way people read and write using generative AI, released Jurassic-2 the world’s most customizable language model, together with five new APIs, making it even easier for organizations to build their own applications and services to scale.
When AI21 Labs launched Jurassic-1 in 2021, it fundamentally changed how companies implemented – and benefited from – generative AI. From Latitude, which used Jurassic-1 to scale production of its gaming worlds while reducing costs, to Harambee, which created a custom chatbot to increase sign-ups for its youth employment programs, to Verb, which used Jurassic-1 to build a writing tool specifically for authors, companies all over the world and across dozens of industries used Jurassic-1 in creative and dynamic use-cases, powering thousands of live applications.
Recommended AI: QuickLogic Drives eFPGA Innovation with New Aurora Development Tool Suite
With the launch of Jurassic-2, AI21 Labs is once again changing the playing field for developers. Jurassic-2 offers a more advanced baseline model, making it one of the most advanced large language models available on the market.
Jurassic-2 has numerous new features, including:
- Advanced instruction following capabilities, thanks to comprehensive instruction tuning on proprietary data
- Support for more languages, including Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian and Dutch
- Reduced latency – up to 30% faster response times for Jumbo models compared to Jurassic-1
- The most up-to-date data in the industry, with a recent update in mid-2022
Similar to Jurassic-1, Jurassic-2 will be available through AI21 Studio, an NLP-as-a-Service developer platform, and will be offered in three sizes – Large,Grande, and Jumbo, each of which has a separate instruction-tuned version. AI21 Studio allows developers to build text-based applications like virtual assistants, chatbots, text simplification, content moderation, creative writing, and more.
Recommended AI: Philips Speech and Sembly AI Launch SmartMeeting As Answer To New Meeting Culture
Alongside Jurassic-2 AI21 Labs is also releasing five new APIs for commercial use that are offered individually and can be used for various tasks such as correcting grammar and summarizing articles:
- Paraphrase: Rewrites up to a full paragraph of text, matching the style to the need
- Summarize: Provides a full summary of long-form articles
- Text recommendations: Offers improvements to a given text, for example increasing and diversifying vocabulary
- Grammatical error correction: Checks the grammar in written work
- Text segmentation: Splits long pieces of text into appropriate segments based on topics
“When we released Jurassic-1, we were the first company to offer open access to LLMs without any waiting list, allowing anyone to build textual generative AI apps,” said Ori Goshen, Co-CEO and Co-Founder of AI21 Labs. “The Jurassic-2 family of models represents the next leap forward and will enable developers and organizations to build text-based applications, faster, with state-of-the-art performance at a fraction of the cost. For those who don’t need all the capabilities for Jurassic-2 but still want to integrate generative AI into their websites, we also have new task-specific APIs to make our language models easily available to businesses and their needs.”
Recommended AI: UTB Bot Unveils a New Way to Leverage Automation and Cryptocurrencies
[To share your insights with us, please write to email@example.com]
Comments are closed.