Red Hat Helps Enterprises Modernize at Scale with New Migration Toolkit
Red Hat Migration Toolkit for Applications 6 provides a simpler, more straightforward path for organizations to shift their existing applications to Red Hat OpenShift
Red Hat, the world’s leading provider of open source solutions,announced the general availability of Migration Toolkit for Applications 6, based on the open source project Konveyor, aimed at helping customers accelerate large-scale application modernization efforts. The toolkit enables customers to better assess, prioritize and modernize their applications across hybrid cloud environments on Red Hat OpenShift, the industry’s leading Kubernetes platform.
Data to Power BI : 3 Ways to Export ServiceNow Data to Power BI
Few would disagree that the technology landscape has shifted dramatically in recent years. According to Red Hat’s 2022 State of Application Modernization Report, organizations plan to modernize 54% of their custom applications during the next year, and over a quarter of these workloads during the next six months. In the medium term, respondents also reported that 80% of applications will be modernized in the next two years. It’s clear that the reliance on virtualization, as we currently understand it, has shifted. Organizations are embracing cloud-native technologies to meet heightened user expectations and market competition, but this doesn’t happen overnight. With Migration Toolkit for Applications and related services and offerings, Red Hat is helping customers modernize applications at their speed and on their timelines.
Migration Toolkit for Applications is an integrated assembly of tools that support Java application modernization and migration projects at scale across a broad range of use cases. Now designed to help migration leads and developers find the best and most reliable modernization path forward, Migration Toolkit for Applications 6 includes:
- New application inventory and assessment modules that assist organizations in managing, classifying and tagging their applications while assessing application suitability for deployment in containers, including flagging potential risks for migration strategies.
- Full integration with source code and binary repositories to automate the retrieval of applications for analysis along with proxy integration including HTTP and HTTPS proxy configuration managed in the user interface.
- Improved analysis capabilities with new analysis modes, including source and dependency modes that parse repositories to gather dependencies and add them to the overall scope of the analysis. There is also a simplified user experience to configure the analysis scope, including open source libraries.
- Enhanced RBAC powered by Red Hat Single Sign-On, defining three new differentiated personas with different permissions to suit the needs of each user—administrator, architect and migrator—including credentials management for multiple credential types.
- Administrator perspective to provide tool-wide configuration management for administrators.
Browse The Complete News About Blockchain : Blockchain Partnership: PraSaga and Metahug Gamify Web3 Education Via Roblox
Open source community drives containerization leap
Kubernetes is fueled by a vibrant open source community and to further drive adoption, Red Hat and IBM Research created Konveyor. Konveyor is an open source project aimed at helping modernize and migrate applications for open hybrid cloud deployments by building tools, identifying patterns and providing advice on bringing cloud-native transformation across IT. The Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) project forms the foundation for Migration Toolkit for Applications and with this set of tools, organizations can have deeper insight throughout their adoption process—whether they’re making decisions at the portfolio or application level. To learn more about the latest version of Migration Toolkit for Applications, visit the webpage here.
James Labocki, senior director, product management, Red Hat
“Hybrid cloud isn’t just the future of computing—it’s here now, and Red Hat is determined to give our customers the tools, direction and intelligence to help them bring their applications to this new world. We know that transformation doesn’t happen overnight, which is why Red Hat Modernization Toolkit for Applications is designed to accelerate modernization, not stifle it, by easing the process of bringing traditional applications to a hybrid cloud-ready platform with analysis and automation.”
Next-gen AI-On-Demand Platform : European Commission Pumps in $9.15 Million to Develop Next-gen AI-On-Demand Platform
[To share your insights with us, please write to email@example.com]
Comments are closed.