Total technology industry private equity deals in September 2019 worth $6.41 Billion were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 54.9% over the previous month and a drop of 42% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $11.05bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $3.95bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $3.56bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for technology industry private equity deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of private equity deals activity in September 2019 was the US with 43 deals, followed by the UK with eight and France with seven.
In 2019, as of the end of September 2019, technology private equity deals worth $90.58bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 5.7% year on year.
Technology industry private equity deals in September 2019: Top deals
The top five technology industry private equity deals accounted for 63.8% of the overall value during September 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology private equity deals stood at $4.09bn, against the overall value of $6.41bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of September 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- EQT Infrastructure IV Fund’s $1.09bn private equity deal with Inexio BeteiligungsKGaA
- The $1bn private equity deal with Motorola Solutions by Silver Lake Partners
- Vista Equity Partners’s $1bn private equity deal with Acquia
- The $500m private equity deal with CollabNet VersionOne by TPG Capital
- Mubadala Investment Company and Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners’ private equity deal with Cologix for $500m.