Bold Digital Architects Signed Up to 100 Digital Marketing SaaS Tools and Mapped Out Their Upselling Process
Bold Digital Architects has signed up to 100 digital marketing SaaS tools in order to map out their upselling tactics. The companies tracked were divided into two groups:
- 50 popular tools (such as Slack and Mailchimp)
- 50 lesser known tools
Some of the report highlights:
- The most common free plans used by SaaS companies include “Free Forever”, 13-day trials and 30 day trials.
- Free Forever proved to be the most popular across the board
- Out of the 100 companies tracked, 88% of the 50 lesser known companies and 86% of the top companies sent welcome/verification emails
- Of the 31 companies in the top 50 group where a breakup email was relevant (i.e. not a Free Forever plan), only 13 sent emails (42%). Of the 26 relevant companies in the lesser known 50 group, only 31% (8) sent a break up email.
- Surprisingly, out of the 100 companies signed up for, only 8 total made the effort to pick up the phone and call.
“As reflected in the report – not all SaaS companies are investing enough efforts into turning free users to paying ones. That’s a wasted opportunity that I hope companies will be more aware of. Working with many B2B SaaS partners, it’s incredible to see how applying best practices can generate quick wins,” Noa Eshed Co-CEO, Bold Digital Architects