Lufthansa and IBM Collaborate for AI-Powered Ad Campaign
- New Interactive Advertising Unit Creates Enhanced Traveler Experience, Powered by IBM Watson’s AI Technology
- AI-Powered Ads (IBM Watson Ads) Part of Global #Say yes to the world Brand Campaign
- Lufthansa Is the First Airline Brand to Launch a Watson Ads Campaign with IBM Watson Advertising
As part of Lufthansa’s ongoing global #Say Yes To The World brand campaign, the airline has teamed up with IBM Watson Advertising (NYSE: IBM) to launch an AI-powered advertising experience. Lufthansa is the first airline brand to launch an IBM Watson Ads campaign with Watson Advertising. The campaign focuses on exploring a world of new possibilities and saying yes to the unknown. The interactive ads, powered by IBM Watson, provides consumers with the opportunity to interact with Lufthansa for general airline questions and for travel content across 15 European destinations. A destination explorer showcases each location and helps the user explore different cities through local travel facts and tips, as well as tailored image galleries and videos, and offers the option for flight reservations.
“Lufthansa continues to drive value to the consumer through the use of new and innovative technologies such as AI, both on our aircraft and off,” said Benita Struve, Director/Head of Marketing Communications & Campaigns for Lufthansa. “This marketing campaign not only inspires exciting travel, it also utilizes the most innovative methods to provide a personalized experience.”
“We are excited to team up with Lufthansa to help consumers discover their next international adventure through an engaging conversation powered by Watson,” said Carrie Seifer, VP and Chief Revenue Officer, IBM Watson Advertising. “With the help of AI, Lufthansa is able to invite consumers into an enjoyable exchange within an interactive ad unit to learn about a range of topics from key destinations to in-flight experiences.”
Some additional information about the Watson Ads campaign:
- Cities featured include: Athens, Greece; Barcelona, Spain; Berlin, Germany; Budapest, Hungary; Copenhagen, Denmark; Florence, Italy; Frankfurt, Germany; Krakow, Poland; Milan, Italy; Munich, Germany; Oslo, Norway; Paris, France; Prague, Czech Republic; Rome, Italy; and Stockholm, Sweden.
- The AI-powered ad is available on weather.com, The Weather Channel app, and across Lufthansa’s digital advertising ecosystem.
- The Watson Ad is trained with a body of knowledge provided by Lufthansa to enable a natural language dialogue that invites potential travelers to explore international locales and familiarize themselves with Lufthansa’s services. As users interact, the AI-powered ad experience gathers information that can help provide insights to help guide future business and marketing strategies.
In addition to the Watson Ads campaign, the #Say Yes To The World campaign includes Digital, Out of Home, Mobile, Print, Social and Cinema ads. The campaign reflects Lufthansa’s mission to inspire people to see and explore the world and open their minds to new experiences.
Launched in June 2016, Watson Ads are an industry-first AI-powered interactive ad unit that delivers hyper-personalization at-scale along with actionable insights. These interactive AI-powered ads enable brands to have meaningful one-to-one conversations at scale with consumers wherever they may be in their path to purchase. Watson Ads have launched in multiple industries including automotive, consumer healthcare, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, hospitality and retail.