Opus AI Releases AI-Powered Blind Screening Tool to Eliminate Bias in Hiring
Opus AI, a New York-based startup, has released their flagship product, an AI-powered blind job candidate screening tool. In blind screening the candidate’s gender, race, ethnicity and age are hidden, making bias impossible. Blind screening has been scientifically shown to reduce bias in hiring. However, until now it has been labor-intensive to administrate. Opus AI’s new system automates blind screening for organizations, making the practice manageable, accountable and highly effective.
“Because bias is partially unconscious, awareness campaigns alone cannot be effective in eliminating it. If organizations are serious about removing bias from the hiring funnel, blind candidate screening is the way to go,” said Loren Davie, CEO, and co-founder of Opus AI. “Opus AI makes it simple and easy for organizations to realize the benefits of blind candidate screening and is a key strategy for any Diversity and Inclusion initiative.”
Opus AI is a SaaS-based product that integrates with existing Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs). It uses AI to create rich profiles of candidates while hiding their identity. Blind screeners make decisions on whether to advance or pass on candidates base on their qualifications alone and without being able to see their identity.
“Opus AI’s approach to profiling and identity redaction is the only effective way to ensure bias is kept out of hiring in a way that is manageable for everyone.” said Oliver Christie, AI expert, public speaker and Opus AI’s Chief Strategy Officer. “Other methods, such as applying magic markers to resumes, don’t scale and don’t offer an evidence trail of proper candidate handling the way Opus AI does.”
Features of Opus AI include:
- Rich profiling of candidates, including job skills, soft skills, personality and culture.
- Automated assessment of candidates’ suitability based on flexible, configurable requirements for any position.
- Integration with existing ATS’s such as Greenhouse.
- Flexible workflows that adapt blind screening to any organization’s hiring process.
- A permanent record of every action taken with a candidate, creating an evidence trail of proper blind screening.