Celerium Announces Supply Chain Cybersecurity Education Program Featuring CMMC Insights Course
Celerium Inc., the leading company focused on supply chain cybersecurity, announced its new Supply Chain Cybersecurity Compliance Education Program. This program will include online courses intended to help improve supply chain cybersecurity among key industries, including the defense supply chain.
The first course in this program focuses on the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) program. This course is for companies that contract with the U.S. Department of Defense, GSA, Department of Homeland Security, and/or other U.S. government agencies and may be required to be CMMC certified.
Recommended AI News: Vitria VIA AIOps Now Available Through Cisco
The CMMC Academy
Celerium’s CMMC Academy initiative, launched in January 2020, provides resources to help government contractors understand and navigate the CMMC requirements, including free videos and webinars.
Celerium is authorized by the CMMC Accreditation Body (CMMC AB) to create educational material for CMMC assessors via Celerium’s Licensed Partner Publisher (LPP) designation. Celerium also is authorized to deliver training to CMMC assessors via its Licensed Training Provider (LTP) designation. Additionally, Celerium is a Registered Provider Organization (RPO) with the CMMC AB.
CMMC Insights Course
The first offering in Celerium’s Supply Chain Cybersecurity Compliance Education Program is a CMMC Level 1 course for companies seeking CMMC Level 1 certification. This course is not for CMMC assessors, although a CMMC assessor course is forthcoming. A CMMC Level 3 course for government contractors will be available in July 2021.
The CMMC Insights Level 1 Course provides a learning portal to help government contractors prepare for CMMC Level 1 reviews by authorized CMMC Assessors. The course material will significantly enhance understanding of the requirements for meeting CMMC Level 1, including what a CMMC assessor will be looking for during an assessment. This is an online-only course with no live instructor, so it can be completed as is convenient. The online course is available for one year after purchase.
The CMMC Insights Course Learning Portal features rich educational and insightful material:
- Instructional Material: The core of the course is online instructional material spanning eight modules, which can be completed in 7-10 hours. Included in this material are quizzes, a final exam, and a mock assessment.
- Advanced Self-Assessment Tool: An advanced version of Celerium’s CMMC Level 1 Self-Assessment Tool will help companies assess and keep track of their CMMC assessment readiness as they go through the instructional material. This is a secure, Excel-based tool that can also be used after completion of the course as companies prepare for their CMMC assessment.
- Advanced Online Reference Guide: An advanced version of Celerium’s CMMC Level 1 Online Reference Guide makes it easy to navigate the various CMMC domains and practices within CMMC Level 1.
- CMMC Updates: As the CMMC program evolves, the course learning portal will provide updates and clarification on aspects of the CMMC model, such as reciprocity and scoping criteria.
- Emerging Threats: The CMMC model was created to help defend against cyber threats such as the recent SolarWinds/Orion breach. While this is not directly related to CMMC certification, the course learning portal provides supplemental information on emerging threats and how they may be interconnected to CMMC.
Recommended AI News: KSM Consulting Announces New Brand Identity