Leading EFSS Provider Uncovers Alarming Passivity Around Cloud, GDPR
FileCloud, a cloud-agnostic enterprise file sync and sharing platform, announced the inaugural release of its Annual Enterprise Cloud & Data Security Report. According to the report, enterprises remain remarkably passive about advancing their cloud efforts and complying with GDPR despite being aware of the risks. With security issues, GDPR enforcement and cloud-based data management more critical than ever, FileCloud uncovered what enterprises worry about, and what they avoid confronting.
“The report findings reveal cloud strategies enterprise companies are deploying to control, manage and safeguard their data and how organizations can adapt technology to support their infrastructure needs.”
FileCloud and technology marketplace Spiceworks conducted a survey to gauge the attitudes of 150 enterprise representatives regarding various enterprise data management issues. The sampling of professionals from industries including health care, financial services and educational institutions found that shifts in perceptions of data security are impacting movement to the cloud.
“More enterprise organizations are recognizing the power and the challenges including data breaches and complying with changing regulations that come with increasing amounts of data,” said Venkat Ramasamy, COO, FileCloud. “The report findings reveal cloud strategies enterprise companies are deploying to control, manage and safeguard their data and how organizations can adapt technology to support their infrastructure needs.”
The ability to enable collaboration while simultaneously addressing data governance has led enterprise organizations to refine the future of data management. Report findings examine the critical challenges companies face and the impact of moving to a multi-cloud infrastructure for reliability, privacy and cost.
Key research findings include:
- 64% of businesses believe using personal sharing apps for storing and sharing office documents is the top threat for data security within an organization
- 82% of company admins think employees/users are the weakest link when it comes to data security
- 58% of enterprises utilize the public cloud with 42% using the private cloud
- 1 in 2 companies say they will not move mission-critical workloads to a public cloud environment
- 64% of admins say GDPR does not affect their company
- Respondents said the top three factors for selecting a cloud provider 68% reliability, 50% total cost of ownership, 54% data ownership and privacy