Pulse Secure Recognized Among Representative Vendors in Network Access Control by Industry Research Firm
Pulse Secure, the leading provider of software-defined Secure Access solutions, today announced that Pulse Secure was recognized among representative vendors within Gartner’s Market Guide for Network Access Control (NAC).
Pulse Policy Secure (PPS) is an easy to use NAC solution that offers extensive user and device visibility, adaptive access management, dynamic guest and IoT device segregation, and automated threat response. The solution enables organizations to gain Zero Trust control by working within their existing hybrid IT infrastructure and security ecosystem.
According to the May 2020 Gartner report:* “Most organizations interested in network access control (NAC) are looking to establish security of devices and users accessing the network, driven primarily by audit findings and to some degree a zero trust network security strategy. Gartner recommends that security and risk management leaders responsible for network and endpoint security should:
- Implement NAC solutions that integrate well with existing network infrastructure and security solutions to improve security incident response times and lower overall operating overhead for the NAC product itself.
- Focus primary evaluation criteria of NAC solutions on vendors’ abilities to align with an organization’s goals, such as discovery and device visibility, preconnect or postconnect authentication and ease of use, more than on detailed technical comparisons across solutions.
- Plan a multiphase implementation effort that requires commitment from multiple teams including executives, networking, endpoint, service desk and security teams — even for moderately complex organizations.”
Recommended AI News: NVIDIA Accelerates Apache Spark, World’s Leading Data Analytics Platform
Pulse Secure offers a portfolio of Secure Access solutions that provide exceptional usability, contextual intelligence and policy orchestration to enable easy, compliant user and device access to resources and applications across data center and cloud environments. Available separately or as part of Pulse Access Suite Plus, Pulse PPS is an enterprise-class NAC solution that is easy to deploy, manage and scale.
Key features of Pulse Policy Secure are:
- Easy, phased in deployment — start with visibility, add guest, user and IoT management, and expand with stronger, granular policies for endpoint enforcement, network segregation and threat response
- Streamlined administration — configuration wizard, dashboard and centralize system management
- Popular infrastructure and security integrations — network, WiFi, NGFW, SIEM, MDM and endpoint security, as well as ICS/IIoT security tools
- 360-degree visibility — remote and on-premises authentication, discovery, classification and tracking of managed, unmanaged and rogue endpoint and IoT devices
- Combines both 802.1X and non-802.1X access controls — RADIUS, MAC auth, TNC and SNMP
- Agent and agentless Client — multi-mode NAC, VPN and SDP operation for end-to-end remote, cloud and on-premise intelligence and access control
- Granular policy engine — policy wizard with built-in user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA) anomaly detection
- High performance, scalability — each appliance can control up to 50,000 devices and can be centrally managed to control over 1 million devices
- Enhanced high availability — physical and virtual failover and support for hosting PPS in Azure and AWS
“With a complete NAC solution as part of our integrated, modular Secure Access Suite, our customers are achieving significant deployment, operational and economic advantages over piecemeal Secure Access investments,” said Prakash Mana, Chief Portfolio Officer at Pulse Secure. “We are pleased to be acknowledged in the NAC market and welcome organizations and resellers to see how Pulse Secure can help enterprises realize Zero Trust Networking.”