Syxsense Announces New Vulnerability Solution Database
Syxsense, a global leader in IT and security management solutions, announced the availability of its vulnerability solutions database for the public online. The database was previously only available to Syxsense Secure customers within the console.
Unlike operating system and third-party application patch management, which typically involves the deployment of a patch, computer vulnerabilities can be far more challenging to resolve. These are typically identified within a vulnerability scan. These vulnerabilities can be quite challenging to find let alone resolve, as many require configuration of the Windows operating system through technologies such as Windows Powershell.
Recommended AI News: Qumu Hires Chief Revenue Officer to Drive Global Revenue Growth
Syxsense has taken the top 1100 of its vulnerability scan scripts from 29 security families and provided solutions for each one, which can now be searched via the online database. The solutions provide the following critical information:
- Overview – A high-level overview of the vulnerability
- Description – A detailed explanation of the vulnerability
- Impact – What happens if you do not resolve this vulnerability
- Solution – The steps needed to resolve the vulnerability, including links to software where required
- CVE – Unique ID for the vulnerability
- Severity and CVSS – Vendor severity and independent score associated with the vulnerability
- Countermeasure – If an alternative method of resolution exists and how to resolve without a patch
- Public Aware – Is the specific bug and method of attack available online
- Weaponized – Has the vendor been notified the vulnerability is being used to hack and expose
The Vulnerability Solutions Database is included with Syxsense Secure at no additional cost. Syxsense is offering free, fully-featured trials for up to 100 devices for 14 days.