Introducing Okta Lifecycle Management Workflows: Automate the Most Complex Processes Across the Enterprise Without Code
New feature powers deeper onboarding, flexible offboarding, and resolves identity conflicts with a simple, no-code experience
Okta, Inc., the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise, today at Oktane20 Live announced Okta Lifecycle Management Workflows for Workforce Identity. The unique no-code feature of Okta Lifecycle Management deepens the power of identity within an organization by seamlessly automating some of the most complex, customized provisioning use cases. Generally available today as part of Okta’s Advanced Lifecycle Management offering, Workflows provides IT teams with a clean graphical user interface to build automated business processes without code.
“Millions of people rely on Slack everyday to make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive”
Okta’s most recent Businesses Work report revealed that organizations use an average of 88 applications. Ten percent of organizations use over 200 applications. The complexity of this large number of applications, combined with increased workforce turnover and role changes, makes it very painful for organizations to stay on top of manual provisioning tasks. These processes drain IT resources and increase the risk of security vulnerabilities through orphaned accounts and credentials.
“Adopting more technology is incredibly beneficial for enterprises today, but complexity is a significant side effect of a changing technology ecosystem and workforce. There is no better example of the potential challenges it can create than with lifecycle management,” said Diya Jolly, Chief Product Officer, Okta. “Okta’s vision of enabling any organization to use any technology goes deeper than just access; it’s about improving how organizations use technology. Okta Lifecycle Management Workflows improves the efficiency and security of enterprises through its simple user experience and broad applicability, keeping organizations secure and efficient without requiring the complexity of writing code.”
Recommended AI News: How Is AI Changing CRM?
Extending and Deepening Lifecycle Automation
Lifecycle Management Workflows leverages an intuitive drag-and-drop interface, built-in integrations to the most popular cloud applications, and “if this then that” conditional logic to enable administrators to automate the most complex identity-centric processes without code. Using Lifecycle Management Workflows, IT teams can handle provisioning tasks like onboarding, offboarding, username creation, and granular app-specific actions across applications and groups within an organization. All of this is done while still maintaining tight access controls that deliver incredible security and visibility without the time or cost of custom code.
“Millions of people rely on Slack everyday to make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive,” said Tamar Yehoshua, Chief Product Officer, Slack. “Okta Lifecycle Management Workflows has significantly increased efficiency for us by automating the provisioning and deprovisioning of users from applications in our environment, without us ever having to write a line of code.”
Okta Lifecycle Management Workflows enables enterprises to:
- Build workflow processes without code: Administrators within business units can now automate complex identity-centric tasks without code or IT support, no longer requiring developer resources or sophisticated knowledge of APIs to create custom-built integrations.
- Take granular actions during onboarding and offboarding: Now, administrators can go beyond simply creating an account in an application to taking actions within the most widely adopted cloud applications, like assigning access to group channels in Slack or a territory in Salesforce, among many more use cases.
- Define identity process based on time and context: Administrators can schedule a deprovisioning workflow for temporary employees or preserve access to individual payroll information following termination.
- Resolve identity creation conflicts: When organizations employ two persons of the same first and last name, administrators can create detection logic that both detects and automatically resolves identity conflicts without adding custom code.
- Distill and share important data efficiently: Administrators can automatically pull and aggregate different types of data from multiple Okta endpoints, apply logic, format, and share across the organization.
A Platform Approach to Workflow Technology
The technology underpinning Lifecycle Management Workflows is driven by one of Okta’s newest Platform Services, Okta Workflows. Okta Platform Services are foundational, service-oriented technologies at the heart of the Okta Identity Cloud. They enable Okta to meet unlimited identity use cases across Okta Workforce Identity and Okta Customer Identity product lines while also delivering open and extensible technologies that customers and partners can use through products and integrations.