SA Photonics will be releasing its all-new SA-147/S Wide FOV Augmented Reality Display System (WARDS) at the 2018 Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) this week. The U.S. Army RDECOM-sponsored SA-147/S WARDS helmet mounted display (HMD) provides the world’s largest field of view in an augmented reality display at an unprecedented 147 degrees with 3840 x 1200 full color resolution per eye. SA-147/S will be exhibited and displaying augmented reality icons, as well as showing out-the-window capability across its large horizontal field of view.
SA Photonics will also demonstrate a number of other wide field of view optical see-through augmented reality (AR) and occluded, direct view (DV) HMDs at booth #620. Designed for airborne and ground training and simulation applications, the HMDs have full color resolutions of 1920 x 1200 per eye and fields of view from 62 to 147 degrees. I/ITSEC runs from November 26 – 30 in Orlando, Florida.
In addition to the SA-147/S WARDS, demonstration highlights will include:
- SA-83/S AR HMD with head tracking demonstrating a fly-over of a San Francisco CATI XiG database.
- SA-62/S AR HMD with head tracking in Unity.
- SA-62/SM AR eyewear displaying imagery from a Samsung S5 smartphone overlaid with the real world.
- SA-92 DV binocular HMD with head tracking in a flight simulator showing the increased situational awareness with a wide FOV HMD.
- New high brightness OLED-based AR displays for outdoor conditions.
- SA-92/S ANVIS mounted for fixed wing (HGU-55/P) and rotary wing (HGU-56/P) helmets.