Snap Singapore Announces ‘Lens Of The Year’
‘Tis the season to celebrate the Lenses that transform your world
Every day, people use Snapchat to express themselves, live in the moment, and learn about the world around them and 2021 was no different. Lenses inspire our community, help them connect with their closest friends, and discover endless possibilities through our Camera.
Recommended AI News: SynSaber Announces Beta of Saber Technology for Industrial Asset Security
Over the years, we’ve taken some of the most innovative technologies and applied them to AR. Concepts that many consider futuristic are actually being used by millions of Snapchatters each day, built by our thriving community of AR experts.
“We’re amazed by the creativity and technical prowess of our community that has supercharged Snapchatter’s appetite for augmented reality. This year, we’ve continued to see Lens Creators, as well as our team here at Snap, build Lenses that not only help Snapchatters better express themselves, but help them learn about the world around them and solve problems in their daily lives.” – Sophia Dominguez, Snap’s head of AR platform partnerships.
Here is a list of lenses that have caught our community’s attention:
Top Trending Lens
- 3D Cartoon by Snap: From celebrities to pets, the world simply couldn’t — and wouldn’t — stop turning themselves into a cartoon character. The Lens has been viewed over 7 billion times!
All-Time Favorite Lenses
- Old by Snap: Keen to find out what you look like X years from now? Snapchat’s Old Lens adds years to your appearance with realistic-looking wrinkles and greying hair – peek a glimpse today!
- Baby by Snap: Likewise, you can travel back to the future with Snapchat’s Baby Lens. The Lens reveals the cherub in you – think round, rosy cheeks and bigger eyes. Have fun!
- My Twin by Snap: Transform your facial features to resemble the opposite gender with Snap’s Gender Swap Lens. The male filter adds facial hair and gives you a squarish chiseled jaw while the female filter instantly smoothes your complexion, adds makeup and lengthens your hair.
Top Cultural Moments + Festivals
1. Onward Singapore by Yukine Suzu: Teleport yourself to Singapore landmarks for National Day, like Marina Bay Sands at the tap of your finger! Try out Snap’s Onward Singapore Lens created by Yukine Suzu and watch how your background changes.
2. Train like an Olympian by Olympics: The Lens makes use of Snap’s body-tracking technology to encourage Snapchatters to stay active by completing three exercises before the time runs out, rewarding them with a virtual firework display at the end of the workout.
With over 6 billion plays per day on average, Lenses offer a unique window into the year’s cultural moments, achievements in AR innovation, and trends that made a lasting impact. Join us as we celebrate our community and the 2021 Lenses that revolutionized the way Snapchatters create, explore, learn, and play.
Recommended AI News: Turner Imaging Systems Welcomes Its New Vice President Of Sales & Marketing
[To share your insights with us, please write to email@example.com]