Additional Assistance Measures Broadened to Include Credit Card Payment Deferrals & Additional Fee Waivers
Citi announced it is expanding assistance to U.S. customers impacted by COVID-19 through a range of new measures, including credit card payment deferrals and additional fee waivers. This announcement expands the assistance that Citi announced on March 6th, which included fee waivers for Citibank retail bank customers, hardship programs, and additional small business support.
“As COVID-19’s impact to consumers, small businesses and industries grows across the country, we are expanding our assistance measures to support our customers and reassure them that we are here to help should they need it”
“As COVID-19’s impact to consumers, small businesses and industries grows across the country, we are expanding our assistance measures to support our customers and reassure them that we are here to help should they need it,” said Anand Selva, CEO, Citi’s U.S. Consumer Bank. “We stand with our customers at this difficult time and will continue to do our part to support the individuals and communities impacted.”
Citi customers who have been impacted by COVID-19 may now be eligible for the following additional assistance measures, upon request:
- Retail Bank: Fee waivers on safe deposit box fees and non-Citi ATM usage fees. We are also extending fee waivers on monthly service fees as well as penalty waivers for early Certificate of Deposit withdrawals until May 8, 2020.
- Credit Cards: Fee waivers on late fees and deferral of minimum payments for two months. We will report an account as current to the credit bureaus during the waiver period, unless the account was delinquent before the waiver period began.
- Small Business: We are extending fee waivers on monthly service fees and remote deposit capture fees, as well as penalty waivers for early Certificate of Deposit withdrawals until May 8, 2020. In addition, we are participating in the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program.
Customers may also be eligible for additional “always on” assistance programs, upon request:
- Credit Cards: We have a range of collection forbearance programs. Customers should text “App” to 692-484 and we’ll send them a link to Message Us in the Citi Mobile App.
- Mortgage: Citi’s mortgage sub-servicer Cenlar FSB is offering 90-day forbearance for Citi’s mortgage loans where the borrower is experiencing hardship. In addition, foreclosures and evictions have been paused for 60 days. For questions, customers should contact Cenlar directly at 1-855-839-6253.
- Student Loan: Through its subservicer Firstmark, Citi is providing forbearance programs for student loans to provide additional peace of mind during this time. For questions, customers should contact Firstmark directly at 1-888-538-7378.
These measures expand the assistance Citi announced on March 6th, for eligible individual and Small Business customers impacted by COVID-19. These included fee waivers on monthly service fees, waived penalties for early CB withdrawals as well as fee waivers for remote deposit capture for Small Business customers. In addition, Small Business bankers are available after hours and weekends for support. They were effective Monday, March 9, 2020 for an initial thirty days and are being extended until May 8, 2020.
We will continue to monitor the situation to determine extension or expansion of available assistance.
To ensure that the assistance request process is as seamless as possible, impacted credit card customers should submit a request digitally. Customers will receive immediate confirmation that their request was received and a follow up communication with additional details. Impacted retail bank and small business customers should call the number on the back of their debit card or recent bank statement. To manage call volume, customers with general questions about assistance measures should visit Citi.com/covid19 for details.
For day-to-day banking needs, we encourage customers to access their accounts 24/7 using Citibank Online or the Citi Mobile App to check balances, transfer funds, deposit checks or find the nearest ATM, including more than 65,000 fee-free ATMs nationwide.
Citi has taken a number of precautionary measures to help protect colleagues and clients in its branches, including augmenting daily cleaning procedures with the use of stronger disinfectant products on high-touch surfaces, making hand sanitizer readily available, educating branch teams on best practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and practicing social distancing to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 while serving our customers when they need us most.
Recommended AI News: Factual + Foursquare Announce World’s Most-Powerful Location Engine Pairing