Invibes Advertising Announces Ambitious Sustainability Targets
Invibes Advertising, an advanced technology company specialising in digital advertising, publishes the results of an assessment of its energy performance and announces a set of ambitious sustainability targets for the coming years.
Latest AI/NLP Technology Insights: ProcessUnity Acquires AI/NLP Technology from ISMS Solutions
In order to contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions from the advertising sector, Invibes Advertising has launched an internal programme to assess and improve its energy performance, notably the impact of its digital ad campaigns.
Invibes Advertising’s virtuous energy mix
The most significant part of the Group’s energy consumption is related to its outsourced servers. They are housed by two main service providers that represent 99% of its servers’ average load. One of them is operating on 100% green electricity and the other one on 78% renewable energy.
In addition, Invibes Advertising runs some of its applications using carbon neutral cloud services.
Impact of Invibes Advertising’s campaigns
The Company made an assessmenti of the average carbon footprint of its advertising campaigns in September 2022:
- The first step was to calculate the carbon footprint of Invibes Advertising’s technology platform for each ad impression, using the energy consumption of the Company’s servers, the type of energy used by the service providers housing those servers, and the number of ad impressions they powered in September 2022.
- The second step was to estimate the carbon footprint of an ad impression on the end-user side, based on the number of ad impressions for each type of device used to view our ads in September 2022, statistical data about energy consumption of devices used, as well as information about the carbon footprint of electricity in the country where end-users are located.
- Finally, we estimated the energy consumption and carbon footprint of the network between our servers and the end-user, based on data about the energy intensity of the internet in kWh/GB, as well as the carbon footprint of electricity in the countries where end-users are viewing our ads.
This overall calculation resulted in an average energy consumption of 0.22kWh per 1,000 ad impressions in September 2022, corresponding to an average of 26.1 grams CO2 emissions per 1,000 ad impressions. In comparison, an average Display campaign has been estimated to emit 15% more CO2 (30 grams CO2 per 1,000 ad impressionsii).
To a large extent, the lower carbon footprint of Invibes’ campaigns results from the fully integrated nature of its technology platform that allows for efficient processes, as well as the low carbon footprint of the Company’s servers. In addition, Invibes Advertising’s smart targeting allows its campaigns to achieve great effectiveness with an optimised number of impressions, thus further minimising their carbon impact.
Benefits of technological independence
Invibes Advertising’s proprietary technology platform has been designed with process optimisation in mind, improving technical performance, reducing associated costs, and bringing benefits in terms of energy efficiency.
As it has full control over its technology platform, Invibes Advertising is able to constantly evolve and improve. A large part of the Company’s R&D effort aims to achieve higher efficiency to ensure scalability, which also has advantages in terms of energy consumption.
Invibes Advertising’s ambitious sustainability targets
In line with its core value of always innovating in all aspects of its activity, Invibes Advertising has launched several initiatives to lower the carbon footprint of its campaigns:
- Actions to reduce the carbon footprint of processes directly within Invibes’ control, by decreasing the platform’s energy consumption and prioritising green sources of electricity.
- Actions to reduce its campaigns’ energy consumption outside Invibes’ realm, at the network and end-user level, bearing in mind that the carbon footprint of the electricity used there is not within the Company’s control.
The Company has defined a series of goals it aims to achieve:
- Half-yearly tracking and publication of the carbon footprint of Invibes’ ad campaigns.
- 99% green energy for outsourced servers by the end of 2023.
- 10% annual reduction of the energy consumption associated with Invibes’ ad campaigns for the next 3 years.
This will allow Invibes Advertising to deliver Excellence to its clients in the ever more important aspect of reducing their advertising activities’ carbon impact.
Latest Aithority Insights : Got It AI Announces AutoFlows, a Breakthrough Autonomous Conversational AI
[To share your insights with us, please write to email@example.com]