Survey: COVID-19 Pandemic Is Advancing Healthcare Technology
The COVID-19 pandemic has a majority of Americans more aware of their health and embracing health technology from telemedicine to virtual workouts, according to a new healthinsurance.com national survey of 1,000 U.S. adults.
LIFE DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
In a health pandemic, 83% are more aware of their health and the health of those around them because of COVID-19. And that’s because COVID-19 has personally affected so many. 68% said that they have or know someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Tragically, nearly 4 in 10 said they knew someone who passed away from the COVID-19 virus. There is a glimmer of hope on the horizon with the vaccine rollout; two-thirds said they will get the COVID-19 vaccine once available to them.
- 83% are more aware of their health and the health of those around them because of COVID-19
- 68% have or know someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- 39% know someone who has died from COVID-19
- 64% are worried about the healthcare costs associated with contracting COVID-19
- 66% will get the COVID-19 vaccine once available to them
Recommended AI News: Clarity Mobile Ventures to Bring COVID-19 and Antigen Testing to Chicago
COVID-19 HEALTH TECHNOLOGY BOOM
64% think that COVID-19 has advanced healthcare technology and they are embracing it. 81% of those who have used telemedicine during the pandemic, said they will continue doing so once the pandemic is over. That’s a 35% increase from just six months ago.
- 64% think COVID-19 has advanced healthcare technology
- 48% have used telemedicine during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 81% will continue to use telemedicine once COVID-19 pandemic is over
FOCUSING ON PERSONAL HEALTH AND HEALTH INSURANCE IN 2021
The pandemic has many making their health a priority. 26% said they made changes to their health insurance for 2021, with the biggest reported change being increased coverage. The pandemic is also changing the way people work out. 36% said they have purchased in-home exercise equipment during the pandemic. An additional 42% said they have been doing virtual workouts.
- 36% have purchased in-home exercise equipment during the pandemic
- 42% have been doing virtual workouts
- 52% made a health-related New Year’s Resolution
- 38% already broke their New Year’s Resolution
- 26% made changes to their health insurance for 2021
- 65% of those who made changes, increased coverage for their 2021 health Insurance
- 43% of those who made changes, changed their entire 2021 health insurance plan
- 82% rate the medical and health care services they receive as good or excellent
- 41% are worried about losing their employer-provided healthcare coverage