How to Run a Successful Email Marketing Strategy?
o benefit from an email marketing strategy, you should try to use innovative techniques which will enable a quality response from the consumers.
Do you know about what email marketing is and its advantages and disadvantages in your business? It is an inexpensive and effective way of campaigning about your products and services. Instead of sending postal mails, you can send mails electronically which reach the target audience very easily within no time. It is one of the best ways of promoting product campaigns for small scale business houses.
Do you need to go for email marketing strategies at all?
A majority of small managed businesses in US, go for e-mail marketing strategies in order to control costs. Professionals associated with US brands, reveal that, e-mail marketing can be an effective way to reach out, besides being able to touch base with a huge number of consumers. However, the decision for enabling such strategies depend on factors like the type of industry you operate in, and the target audience you are looking at.
AIThority Story: What is Quora’s “Platform for Open Exploration,” Poe All About?
Designing e-mail marketing strategies remain to be easy, if you have a clarity on consumer demographics. At the end of the day, e-mail marketing should be content focused and comprehensive to appeal to the target consumers.
How does email marketing strategy work in practical context?
In order to understand email marketing strategy, one needs to understand a bit of analytics. As a matter of fact, to measure the success rate of your campaign you need to focus on email analytics. Certain drivers of a successful email campaign include-
- Open rate concept
- Click through rate (CTR).
Open rate gives you the idea of how many customers have opened your mails. Whereas the CTR measures the number of clicks conducted on the link of your company’s website. You can understand the value of your campaign while taking into consideration the standard deviations in relation to the metrics. At the same time, such deviations speak more on consumer engagement.
Points that play key role in a successful email marketing
Not only the open rate or CTR, there are a few factors that determine the success of the concerned e-mail campaign. Such factors include the areas you need to focus when you are planning your next campaign. Instead of only measuring the open rate and the CTR, you can carefully consider the other factors creating a major impact:
- Subject line of your email campaign and its’ impact on audience
- Content, layout as well as the presentation of the e-mail.
- Focus on strategic timing related to sending the emails. Majority of the population would prefer reading emails during weekdays.
- Bring in an automated approach in sending emails, although commission the information provided.
- Make an impact through improvised content. Improve the visual appeal. Define consumer engagement in the context of respective business outcomes.
- Think innovation. Break the monotony through careful designing of contents.
Advantages of email marketing: What you need to know?
- Cost effective: email marketing generally involves a basic investment like a laptop, power connection and an internet connection. You can leverage technology to create appealing consumer focused contents.
- Fastest form of interaction: Email marketing is fast, and creates an instant reach for the business owner. A relevant context is thus created.
- Tracking and reporting: the email management software or auto responder comes with a facility that helps you to keep a track on the number of mails send successfully, number of mails opened by the recipients, number of clicks and much more. It helps you to understand the requirements of your target audience and create a relevant business strategy.
- Easy to plan and organize: in email marketing you can schedule your mails before sending it. For instance, one can maintain a database of your client’s birthday and send them some discount vouchers every year to bring in a personalization approach.
Disadvantages of email marketing you need to learn about
- Issues related to mail delivery: In email marketing, getting the content delivered, is the crux. Serving business purposes remain important, and that is why a focused content is called for. At the same time, it is important that emails designed should reach the correct mailbox.
- Problem of spamming: Email marketing often suffers from the risk of constant spamming. If your email list is not filtered then you have to face this challenge. A business owner has to make sure that the mails need to be protected. It will help you to gain customer’s confidence and interest in reading your mails. Therefore, try to restrict yourself from sending multiple mails at a time because nobody likes to read too much nonsense.
- Risk of loosing ownership of website: Suppose you do not follow the golden rule of email marketing and continue spamming your mails, It is quite common that the recipients can block your mails without even notifying you. Even further they can report about your website to the web host. The web host or the mailing company can suspend temporarily or permanently.
How to improve the email open rate: Techniques?
- Try to understand the test and requirements of your customer before sending them email campaign. Try to notice what type of content they like and keep a track on that when you are designing the email campaign.
- Use a crisp subject line. Use a first name whenever needed but do not over-personalize your email campaign, This, in turn can create a negative impact.
- Maintain consistency with your content. Don’t introduce multiple content in a single campaign.
- Make it clear what are the benefits your audience will get once they subscribe your email newsletters.
- Request for feedback from your subscribers on the value of your email.
- Create simple Q/A sessions for the subscribers who unsubscribe your email newsletter.
Email marketing strategies have changed over the years. But still today it is considered as one of the cheapest and reliable way of campaigning. This is the most cost-effective way of campaigning your products and services. In today’s fast life try to send mobile friendly emails with simple attachments and you are done. It consistently continues to deliver the results for your business. To benefit from an email marketing strategy, you should try to use innovative techniques which will enable a quality response from the consumers.