Deepen AI Expands Autonomous Systems Calibration Tool to Cover Five New Sensor Modes
- New Features Allow Anyone to Now Easily Carry Out Five Types of Calibrations; Speeding Development and Safety of Self-Driving Vehicles
Deepen AI, a world leader in computer vision tools for autonomous systems, announced key new additions to their calibration tool – Deepen Calibrate.
Deepen Calibrate is an easy-to-use web browser-based tool that supports both intrinsic and extrinsic calibrations.
Among extrinsic calibrations, Deepen Calibrate currently supports:
- LiDAR to Camera – Checkerboard based calibration
- Vehicle to Camera – Checkerboard, fiducial markers, accurate and external reference camera
- LiDAR to Vehicle – Plane board based calibration
- Stereo Camera – Checkerboard based calibration
- Non-overlapping Camera – Checkerboard and external reference camera
More calibration types are being added regularly, with three new types of calibrations scheduled to be added before the end of the year.
“Companies with safety-critical multi-sensor systems recalibrate their systems infrequently due to the complexity and lack of expert individuals that can perform complex calibrations. Now with Deepen Calibrate, companies can bring down calibration time by almost 90% while ensuring accuracy.” – Cheuksan Wang, Co-Founder & CTO, Deepen AI
Deepen Calibrate makes the critical task of sensor calibration simple and quick. Deepen Calibrate manages the complexities of the calibration process, ensuring accuracy and making autonomous systems safer, while also making a job that typically requires the time of a Ph.D-level engineer into something anyone can do.
Deepen Calibrate can cut the time spent on calibrating multi-sensor data from hours to minutes, enabling accurate localization, mapping, sensor fusion perception, and control.
“We have always put safety first in all we do. Our calibration suite is a critical area to help make the world safer & more productive inline with our mission,” Mohammad Musa, Co-Founder & CEO, Deepen AI.
Key features of Deepen Calibrate include:
- Sophisticated algorithms optimized for accuracy
- Calculate intrinsic & extrinsic calibration parameters
- Visualizations for debugging calibration mistakes
- Export calibration results
Deepen Calibrate extends the company’s suite of data lifecycle tools, including Deepen Annotate and Deepen Validate. Deepen Calibrate is available to customers starting today.