Niche Protocol Announces Public Beta Launch of Ad-Free Social Media Platform Geared for Web3
Niche—an ad-free, decentralized social media platform consisting of user-owned clubs where members can own and sell their own content—has announced the public beta launch of its app, which can be accessed openly on the App Store
Recent AiThority News : Taboola Beta Tests Integration of Generative AI, Including ChatGPT, to Revolutionize Ad Creation for Advertisers
The beta launch is the perfect time to create clubs that are based on shared passions in a variety of categories, including travel, tech, fashion, media, wellness, and food. Niche is also holding a limited giveaway of numbered NFTs for the first 5,000 people who join. The official go-to-market launch is scheduled for March 2023.
Niche is co-founded by Christopher Gulczynski, CEO, and Zaven Nahapetyan, CTO. Gulczynski was a co-creator and CPO of Bumble, as well as a co-founder, CCO, and patented co-inventor of “the swipe” feature for Tinder. Nahapetyan was a senior engineering manager at Facebook, creating and leading key projects like Facebook fundraisers, civic engagement efforts, and several initiatives against misinformation. Over 50% of Niche’s developers are female—a rarity for a tech company.
The Niche platform fulfills the Web3 promise of decentralized ownership and reinvents social media along with it. The platform rewards engagement and content creation with token ownership. Each club member receives unique digital membership cards that unlock events, discussions, and more. Club memberships can be freely bought and sold for real money. Niche is completely user-friendly and doesn’t require any prior experience with blockchain or NFTs.
Another characteristic that distinguishes Niche from other social platforms is the absence of vanity metrics, including friends, followers, and likes. This feature will enhance personal connection within communities, as members must engage directly through discussions, rather than simply liking a post. It will also remove the pressure on members to compete for the most likes or followers.
NLP News: Fast Track Unleashes the Power of AI-Language Technology for Automated Campaign Generation
Niche has a distinguished list of diverse early partnerships; the public can look forward to joining their clubs when Niche is out of beta later this year:
- Refraction – Web3 community of global artists that produce in-person festivals and events, release NFT projects, and create written, visual, and audio content around art, culture, and music today.
- Space10 – Research and design lab on a mission to create a better everyday life for people and the planet.
- Hit of Happiness – Community founded to help people feel happy, alive, and purpose driven. HoH supports members through educational content which leverages the science of happiness, community events, tailored workshops, and coaching.
- Los Siento Tequila – Sustainably farmed tequila at an affordable price point; distilled by a family owned and operated distillery in the Jalisco Highlands. Follow the Los Siento community for agave production, cocktail recipes, and more.
- Gluten Free Follow Me – The guide to living gluten-free. 10 years ago, Jackie learned she had celiac disease; now she has a community dedicated to maneuvering being gluten-free at restaurants and in her own kitchen. Her members have access to 2,500+ gluten-free friendly eateries, products, and recipes she’s personally reviewed and made.
- Jess Baumgardner – A doula, health coach, mom of 4 that is dedicated to maternal health during pregnancy, postpartum, and parenthood. Jess supports childbirth education and parents seeking guidance during before, during, and after birth.
Niche supports its premium creators by helping them foster their engaged communities through meaningful connection, monetization, discoverability, and complete content ownership.
Latest Aithority Insights : Squashing Long Wait Time & Call Friction: AI’s Role in Transforming Contact Centers
[To share your insights with us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Comments are closed.