SEALSQ Launches the VAULTIC292, a New Cryptographic Module to Secure IoT Devices & Sensors
WISeKey International Holding Ltd., a leader in cybersecurity, AI, Blockchain, and IoT operating as a holding company, announced that its Semiconductors & PKI subsidiary, SEALSQ Corp. is introducing the groundbreaking VAULTIC292 — a cutting-edge secure element tailored for IoT devices and sensors.
AiThority Interview Insights: AiThority Interview with Matthew Tillman, CEO and Co-founder at OpenEnvoy
Elevating IoT Security with VaultIC292:
Designed for cost-effectiveness and seamless integration, VaultIC292 functions as a fortified microcontroller, primed to endow devices with a robust, secure identity. This identity is key for IoT applications such as Smart Home Devices or field sensors. It allows the establishment of a trusted connection to clouds or local networks via the TLS protocol, ensuring impeccable device authentication.
SEALSQ’s Unique Value:
With a focus on flexibility and adaptability, SEALSQ’s secure element can be pre-provisioned, whether factory-set, over-the-air, at wafer level, or on-package. This is complemented with private keys and X509 certificates, compatible with protocols like MATTER, Wi-SUN, and OPC. This facilitates authentication and commissioning with platforms like Microsoft AZURE or AWS Clouds.
This innovative offering extends beyond the device’s inception, through SEALSQ’s PKI platform, INeS. INeS empowers device creators with an intuitive interface, allowing for the generation and management of compliant certificates throughout the device’s lifecycle.
SEALSQ’s VaultIC292 is built on a proven proprietary CCEAL4+ level Tamper Resistant hardware platform which has been the bedrock for securing sensitive applications like National IDs, e-Passports, Banking, and more. Featuring a streamlined design, the platform emphasizes optimal efficiency and minimalistic external components.
Gweltas Radenac, IoT Business Unit Director, stated, “Our vision is to empower IoT developers by offering them this all-encompassing, cost-effective, and efficient secure element. We want them to concentrate on their core applications, ensuring a swift time-to-market and economical project implementation.”
Read More about AiThority Interview: AiThority Interview with Rebecca Jones, General Manager at Mosaicx
General Manager, Bernard Vian, added, “VaultIC292’s launch marks a pivotal moment in creating inherently secure IoT devices and sensors. It embodies our aspiration to pave the way for a more secure digital world.”
Potential market opportunities and target customers:
- IoT Device Manufacturers: VaultIC292 is specifically designed for IoT applications like Smart Home Devices and field sensors. Companies creating these devices can benefit from a robust and secure identity that VaultIC292 offers.
- Cloud Service Providers: Given the integration capabilities with platforms like Microsoft AZURE or AWS Clouds, companies offering cloud solutions can now ensure that devices connecting to their platforms are authenticated and trusted.
- National IDs, e-Passports, and Banking: VaultIC292 is built on a proven CCEAL4+ level Tamper Resistant hardware platform, which has been used for securing such sensitive applications. This suggests that government organizations, travel and immigration authorities, and banking institutions can be potential customers.
- IoT Developers: With the vision of helping IoT developers focus on their core applications and ensuring swift time-to-market, SEALSQ is targeting individual developers and developer communities creating IoT solutions.
- Security-focused industries: Any industry where tamper-resistant and high-grade security is paramount, such as critical infrastructures, defense systems, and sensitive data handlers, can be potential customers.
- Post-Quantum Cryptography Innovators: SEALSQ’s focus on Post-Quantum Cryptography implies a strong market opportunity for businesses that are preparing for the future of quantum computing and want solutions resistant to quantum attacks.
- Companies Looking for Flexibility in Deployment: The ability to pre-provision the secure element in various ways—factory-set, over-the-air, at wafer level, or on-package—can attract businesses that have diverse deployment needs and want to maintain the same level of security across various device types and deployment methods.
- Device Lifecycle Managers: Companies that focus on the entire lifecycle of a device, from inception to disposal, can benefit from SEALSQ’s PKI platform, INeS. This allows for the generation and management of compliant certificates throughout the device’s lifecycle.
- Home Automation and Industrial Control System Companies: As SEALSQ specializes in these areas, companies that manufacture or use home automation systems and industrial control systems are potential customers.
- MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) Device Manufacturers: SEALSQ’s expertise in MFA means that companies creating or using MFA solutions can tap into their technology for heightened security.
Latest AiThority Interview Insights : AiThority Interview with Dan O’Connell, Chief AI & Strategy Officer at Dialpad
[To share your insights with us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org]