Technology Industry Deals in September 2019 total $26.7bn Globally
Total technology industry deals for September 2019 worth $26.7bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 39.02% over the previous month and a drop of 48.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $51.46bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 0.3% over the last 12-month average with 1445 deals against the average of 1449 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $14.97bn.
Technology industry deals in September 2019: Top deals
The top five technology deals accounted for 26.9% of the overall value during September 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology deals stood at $7.19bn, against the overall value of $26.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of September 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Qualcomm’s $3.1bn acquisition of RF360 Holdings Singapore
- The $1.09bn private equity deal with Inexio BeteiligungsKGaA by EQT Infrastructure IV Fund
- Silver Lake Partners’s $1bn private equity deal with Motorola Solutions
- The $1bn acquisition of CTRL-labs by Facebook
- Vista Equity Partners’s private equity deal with Acquia for $1bn.