CED Honors Six Business Leaders Exemplifying Leadership in Challenging Times
Tomorrow, the Committee for Economic Development of The Conference Board (CED) will host its 2020 Distinguished Performance Awards Celebration, which will honor six business leaders who have answered the call for leadership in their companies and communities during these challenging times. CED’s Distinguished Performance Awards Celebration is one of the business community’s premier events and recognizes the importance of business leadership to help solve the nation’s most pressing economic issues such as health care, education, inclusion, and sustainable economic growth.
Recommended AI News: Agora Brands Group Announces Dale Seavey as Chief Technology Officer
“The disruptive impact of COVID-19 has made it all the more important to recognize and honor leadership during these unprecedented times,” said Lori Esposito Murray, President of CED. “Amid the tremendous challenges facing our nation, this group of preeminent business executives is charting an exemplary path forward for their companies, the communities in which they operate, and the nation.”
This year’s award recipients are:
- Kathy J. Warden, Chairman, CEO, and President of Northrop Grumman Corporation, who will receive the Corporate Citizenship Award.
- Award presented by David Abney, Executive Chairman and Former CEO of UPS.
- Marillyn Hewson, Executive Chairman of Lockheed Martin Corporation, who will receive the Peter G. Peterson Business Statesmanship Award.
- Award presented by Julie Sweet, CEO of Accenture.
- Edward W. Stack, Chairman & CEO of DICK’S Sporting Goods, who will receive the Corporate Citizenship Award.
- Award presented by Mark King, Chief Executive Officer of Taco Bell Corp.
- Lucinda (“Cindy”) Baier, President and CEO of Brookdale Senior Living Inc., who will receive the Corporate Citizenship Award.
- Award presented by Debra A. Cafaro, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Ventas, Inc.
- Gary Norcross, Chairman, President, and CEO of FIS, who will receive the Corporate Citizenship Award.
- Award presented by Ellen R. Alemany, Chairwoman and Chief Executive Officer of CIT Group.
- Vicki Hollub, President and Chief Executive Officer of Occidental, who will receive the Corporate Citizenship Award.
- Award presented by Alan Murray, CEO of Fortune Media.
Recommended AI News: TCS Launches Blockchain Quality Engineering Services Suite