Drift’s GPT Integration can Respond to Complex Queries & Provide On-Job-Training
This week, ChatGPT once again conquered the headlines. From Snapchat introducing its very own Chatbot on the latest version of GPT technology to OpenAI launching ChatGPT and Whisper API today, ChatGPT is enabling brands to create a better experience for its users.
Drift, the Conversation Cloud Company, introduced a generative pre-trained transformer (GPT) integration using OpenAI’s API, available exclusively to select Drift customers. The sales representatives will receive artificial intelligence (AI) suggested replies in live chat in the initial integration. This will be a huge step in advancing AI and redefining B2B rules for marketers and sellers alike.
How the AI Integration will Work
- Respond to immediate complex queries without pausing, or having to leave the conversation for suggestions to a complicated query; AI will provide the answers.
- The AI will prompt a suitable reply based on the information furnished on the company’s website, and marketing materials, depending on the context of that specific conversation and GPT.
- Customize the AI-suggested reply before sending, or generate an entirely new suggested reply if the earlier reply did not close the query or fit the standards.
- Humans will review the AI’s responses and teach the mistakes made to ensure that the model learns and improves on its own.
- With this integration, Drift will absorb the indexed website data, along with sales and marketing materials, and then relates it to the context of the conversation and GPT suggests an automatic reply.
- With human-in-the-loop, the brand can control the AI to eliminate hallucinations and verify that replies are always accurate.
On-Job-Training for New Joiners
The key feature of this integration will be its ability to repurpose any available content. It will also help with real-time on-the-job training for new joiners, who will at least take three months on average to acquaint themselves with the brand value and understand their role fully.
The AI will teach them on responding accurately, and most importantly, in the right brand voice.
Drift’s recent 2022 State of Marketing and Sales AI Report revealed that gaps in education and training greatly impacted AI adoption by 63% of marketers and sales reps. Enter large language models like ChatGPT, which are making AI accessible, usable, and understandable to all. ChatGPT is ‘one of the first AI technologies made available to the public in a way that non-technical experts can understand and experiment with.’
Conversation AI is the Future
Matt Tippets, senior vice president at Drift wisely exclaimed that the excitement around ChatGPT, followed by terrifically huge numbers of experimentation has only highlighted the fact that conversation-based AI is the way to a bright future.
“With Drift’s ability to use Conversational AI to contextualize responses that augment the efforts of human teams, we’ve created a feature that helps sales reps of all experience levels be more productive, particularly relevant now with pressure on during a more difficult economic climate.”
Undoubtedly, the ChatGPT implementation will usher in an exciting phase for B2B sales and marketing professionals, but there are many who feel apprehensive about its potential risks.
The combination of Drift’s trusted Conversational AI and GPT will empower marketing and sales reps to respond to customers more quickly, efficiently, and accurately. This step aligns with Drift’s goal of empowering businesses to connect with ‘people at the right time, in the right place, with the right conversation.’
Additional Features that will be available later this year:
- Automated content creation and ongoing optimization of playbooks.
- Automated onboarding and AI topic training.
- Personalizing sales outreach and prioritizing target accounts.
Drift’s GPT integration will enter its Beta stage in March with select customers. Shortly thereafter, the integration will become more widely available to Drift’s customers and new features will be added.
This integration will only strengthen Drift’s seamless customer-centric approach to building responsible and practical AI tools. The automated suggested replies will be a great boon to Drift’s; customer service and most likely result in increased productivity.
[To share your insights with us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org]