Delta Launches Smartnode, an All-In-One Modular Data Center Solution
Delta, a world leader in thermal and energy management solutions, today announced the launch of SmartNode, a next generation solution for modular data center infrastructure, which offers flexible designs of electrical and cooling systems, rapid deployment and scalable capacity for versatile implementation in Europe, in the Middle East and in Africa (EMEA). Telecom operators, businesses, data center managers, colocation providers and cloud services can use this new Tier II data center infrastructure (optional, Tier III) to rapidly develop capacity edge computing and provide the necessary infrastructure for IoT and low latency applications. SmartNode modularized data centers are available in five different capacities ranging from 33 kW to 90 kW.
“Data volumes will grow rapidly, in particular with the deployment of 5G and the advent in the near future of low latency applications such as autonomous driving, remote healthcare, etc. “Said Rakesh Mukhija, Senior Director and Head of Mission Critical Infrastructure Solutions of Delta in the EMEA region. “In response to this trend, the information infrastructure must also change. A transition is currently taking place, from cloud computing to edge computing. This is why Delta, with its advanced R&D capabilities and experience in the data center field, is launching the new modularized SmartNode data centers, which are perfect for edge and enterprise-class applications. The all-in-one design not only offers customers a one-stop solution, but also allows for high system integration and reliability. ”
Recommended AI News: Simplify Deploys 8×8 for Enhanced Collaboration and Engagement
Rapid deployment for edge computing applications in the world of IoT
Telecom operators around the world are building their 5G infrastructure, and IoT is growing rapidly. The new networks will offer higher transmission speeds, more bandwidth and less latency. This performance will encourage and inspire a whole new generation of services in areas such as virtual reality, augmented reality and autonomous vehicles.
In this IT world with heavy data traffic, an edge data center serves as a data caching and aggregation point between users and larger data centers in order to reduce overwhelming IT loads. Network operators need affordable, reliable and quick to deploy infrastructure like the new modularized SmartNode data centers to maximize efficiency and profitability. With their flexible designs of power and cooling systems, Delta SmartNode solutions provide rapid deployment of a pre-designed module with an all-integrated system, allowing early generation of IT revenue for faster return on investment .
A one-stop solution, ideal and robust
Delta SmartNode solutions are available in five different capacities: 33 kW, 35 kW, 50 kW, 70 kW and 90 kW. With five standard configurations for quick selection based on customer requirements, all subsystems, such as modular inverters, power distribution, cooling, DCIM and much more, are highly integrated and reliable. Other features of SmartNode include:
- Reliable power system: the energy distribution solution integrated within an inverter saves precious space for the data center and reduces its TCO.
- High load computer rack: the robust module structure allows customers to fill complete racks with IT equipment and to use full rack loads (1,420 kg per rack).
- Optimal cooling management : the standard operating ambient temperature range is from -15 ℃ to +48 ℃, up to +39 ℃ without derating.
- Improved protection of condensers : the condensers are surrounded by a mesh cage as protection during transport and against vandalism on site.
- Excellent reliability: robust construction and EI60 fire resistance allow the system to be used in a wide range of environmental conditions.
- Advanced DCIM solution: Delta InfraSuite Manager is also available as an option for new prefabricated data centers. It allows operators to automate data center management tasks and perform optimizations.
With professional one-stop service, Delta SmartNode solutions offer compact design and reliability for easy implementation and long use of IT equipment.